McCain in trouble...

What are you bets...

Mine is Romney by Friday. If he chooses Romeny and does it this week, it will tell me they are very worried about there chances.

Then again... maybe just the rumor that he is picking a VP this week is enough to get the media off the Obama world tour topic for a few min's. Maybe that was the goal.

Actually the focus makes very clear the difference in their treatment by the media. Although I think that a VP choice wouldn't pull that focus off, I don't think that would be the reason, plus he is holding off until pretty much the end of the trip.

I think it is more likely, if he picks him now, time for the attack....

Actually the focus makes very clear the difference in their treatment by the media. Although I think that a VP choice wouldn't pull that focus off, I don't think that would be the reason, plus he is holding off until pretty much the end of the trip.

I think it is more likely, if he picks him now, time for the attack....

So why do it now, just before the Olympics?

So why do it now, just before the Olympics?
VP candidates traditionally are better able to say the things the Candidate themselves cannot. Usually early VP selection means that it is time for the more aggressive campaigning to begin.

And again, it is still after the trip he'll announce to say it is to get the trip off the news is silly when he is being tight-lipped until after the trip, or near to the end of the trip.

VP candidates traditionally are better able to say the things the Candidate themselves cannot. Usually early VP selection means that it is time for the more aggressive campaigning to begin.

And again, it is still after the trip he'll announce to say it is to get the trip off the news is silly when he is being tight-lipped until after the trip, or near to the end of the trip.

When is the trip over?

If anything it will be his attempt to change the subject after the trip... or his attempt to start the attacks after the trip.

Maybe he is considering selecting a VP now so someone in his campaign can talk about the ME and not say things that are completely stupid. Yesterday McCain was talking about the situation along the "Iraq Pakistan border". Perhaps if McCain had more than just 60 advisors in the area of foreign relations he could keep things straight and would not need Joe LIEberman to keep him straight.

I heard something about that... What was the deal, he thought there was an Iraq/Pakastan border? Or was it just a slip?

I heard something about that... What was the deal, he thought there was an Iraq/Pakastan border? Or was it just a slip?
I'm sure it was a slip. Very often people nowadays will say Iraq when they mean Iran or vice versa.

Imagine had Obama made this slip... The media would be going crazy about how inexperienced he is.

Imagine had Obama made this slip... The media would be going crazy about how inexperienced he is.
Please. Imagine if McCain had made the 57 states slip. It would have been weeks of Alzheimer "worries". Imagine... blah, blah.

Had he made the slip his fast responders would have been out correcting the error within minutes.

Perception is EVERYTHING. Of course it was a slip up. But when there is a huge swathe of land betwee Iraq and Pakistan, it makes you wonder if McCain is getting enough sleep at night. Maybe he should take a couple hour nap in the afternoon. I mean you know how so many people his AGE can benefit from a couple more hours sleep a day.

Perception is EVERYTHING. Of course it was a slip up. But when there is a huge swathe of land betwee Iraq and Pakistan, it makes you wonder if McCain is getting enough sleep at night. Maybe he should take a couple hour nap in the afternoon. I mean you know how so many people his AGE can benefit from a couple more hours sleep a day.
See?

Thats a good idea, I heard late in his term, Regan took lots of naps, just prior to his alzhimers diagnosis. My mother is McCain's age and she gets very forgetfull and confused when she does not get enough sleep.

saying 57 states was a good one, fortunately we are not at war in the contenental US where knowing what states border others could have an affect on decisions. Face it Damo, McCain has been playing defense since Obama left and is not doing a very good job at it. I mean his campaign and Bush BOTH tried to say Der Spiegle misinterpreted al Maliki when they didn't. Fer crissakes it was al Maliki's personal interpreter that said it. His campaign has not had a good last few days when they thought they were going to be able to further attack Obama on foreign policy

saying 57 states was a good one, fortunately we are not at war in the contenental US where knowing what states border others could have an affect on decisions. Face it Damo, McCain has been playing defense since Obama left and is not doing a very good job at it. I mean his campaign and Bush BOTH tried to say Der Spiegle misinterpreted al Maliki when they didn't. Fer crissakes it was al Maliki's personal interpreter that said it. His campaign has not had a good last few days when they thought they were going to be able to further attack Obama on foreign policy
I know what you are saying. My point was his mistake was no more or less than many other people make. Iraq/Iran are both in the news and therefore many people have made this same mistake.

My point wasn't that it wasn't a gaffe. It clearly was. It was that people make more of McCain gaffes than they do Obama gaffes. As he said "Imagine if Obama had..."

I did, and came up with what would happen. His fast-responders would get out and it very likely wouldn't be a topic of conversation for more than 10 minutes, if it even reached the news.

I expect we'll be hearing about his mistake for some days now as people make Alzheimer's jokes. And if McCain had made the 57 states gaffe we'd have heard far more about it than we did with Obama.

I know what you are saying. My point was his mistake was no more or less than many other people make. Iraq/Iran are both in the news and therefore many people have made this same mistake.

My point wasn't that it wasn't a gaffe. It clearly was. It was that people make more of McCain gaffes than they do Obama gaffes. As he said "Imagine if Obama had..."

I did, and came up with what would happen. His fast-responders would get out and it very likely wouldn't be a topic of conversation for more than 10 minutes, if it even reached the news.

I expect we'll be hearing about his mistake for some days now as people make Alzheimer's jokes.
All of which shows that Obama is VERY capable of doing the job that a half brained chimp has done for the last 8 years.

Back