McCain is Different From Bush on the Environment

Bonestorm

Thrillhouse
He would at least open emails from the EPA. Get a load of this:

The White House in December refused to accept the Environmental Protection Agency’s conclusion that greenhouse gases are pollutants that must be controlled, telling agency officials that an e-mail message containing the document would not be opened, senior E.P.A. officials said last week.

The document, which ended up in e-mail limbo, without official status, was the E.P.A.’s answer to a 2007 Supreme Court ruling that required it to determine whether greenhouse gases represent a danger to health or the environment, the officials said.

They just refused to open the email from the EPA because they didn't like what the experts had to say. How ridiculous is that?

And we're supposed to give John McCain credit for being different from Bush on environmental issues? That sets the bar a tad low doesn't it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/25/w...rss&adxnnlx=1214402498-qlvwYoqEPb16jSKzyhvzvg

I had to read that twice. It struck me as unbelievable, and then, as the reaction of a two year old. What can you say about these people at this point? Just when you think you’ve seen the worst, you discover they can still surprise you.

The White House in December refused to accept the Environmental Protection Agency’s conclusion that greenhouse gases are pollutants that must be controlled, telling agency officials that an e-mail message containing the document would not be opened, senior E.P.A. officials said last week.

The document, which ended up in e-mail limbo, without official status, was the E.P.A.’s answer to a 2007 Supreme Court ruling that required it to determine whether greenhouse gases represent a danger to health or the environment, the officials said.

This is twisted and effed up, but doesn't surprise me.

Rightwing political officals refusing to accept the conclusion of scientists. Hey dude, we're talking about the political ideology that promotes creation science.

These dudes are emotionally and financially invested in denying climate science. They really should burn in hell.

Back