McCain is the R's best choice.

Jarod

Contributor
Out of the Republican field he will make the best president.

WRL was right, he seems to be surging, I thought it was a joke.

I dont think he beats Obama in the general however. This is an election about change and McCain would not be the canidate of Change between the two of them.

McCain is more of the same in many ways. His wife is a liability and remember as Geroge Bush pointed out in South Carolina a few years ago, he has black children!

I dont think he beats Obama in the general however. This is an election about change and McCain would not be the canidate of Change between the two of them.

McCain is more of the same in many ways. His wife is a liability and remember as Geroge Bush pointed out in South Carolina a few years ago, he has black children!
Terrible man! Adopting kids like that!

The states in the south are changing. They have realatively cheap housing and are seeing an influx of people from all the more expensive areas of the country with retiring baby boomers trying to find a place to stretch their retirement dollars and young professionals. The south may not be as predictable as in the past.

The states in the south are changing. They have realatively cheap housing and are seeing an influx of people from all the more expensive areas of the country with retiring baby boomers trying to find a place to stretch their retirement dollars and young professionals. The south may not be as predictable as in the past.

I'll buy that theory for virginia and north carolina. For the vast majority of the south and bible belt, its BAU.

OBAMA IS BRINGING NO CHANGE. The only difference is he is BLACK. It's the same liberal policies that we've always seen. God you guys have drank the kool aid on this one . . .

George Will this weekend said that in the election the Republicans do not have so much of a Southern Advantage as a Northern Problem.

OBAMA IS BRINGING NO CHANGE. The only difference is he is BLACK. It's the same liberal policies that we've always seen. God you guys have drank the kool aid on this one . . .

I think you misinterpret what is meant by "change."

It is not necessarily a policy thing. It is more about how Washington works, and the tone that exists there. The intense partisanship of the Clinton & Bush years have turned it into a city that cares a lot more about perceived victories for the party instead of real legislative victories.

I don't know if Obama CAN change this, but I know that, at this point, he is committed to trying. I think he could potentially be the most bipartisan President we've had in my lifetime.

Just look at the way he has run his campaign. I can't remember seeing a campaign like it in recent memory.

Why is his wife.........

a liability?I thought she was oriental...and yes he adopted children...black or white makes no difference...even if his spouse was 'Black',chocolate or mellow yellow...it is his run for office not the wife or children...maybe Hillary is learning this lesson...she claimed to have 35 years experience in office...does being the spouse count?:rolleyes:

I totally agree..........

What has Obama said anyhoo...other than cheerleader rants...general symantics...the guy has not defined who or what he really stands for other than smiling,hugging,and of course the canned cheers!

What has Obama said anyhoo...other than cheerleader rants...general symantics...the guy has not defined who or what he really stands for other than smiling,hugging,and of course the canned cheers!

Biggest myth of the campaign. Congrats on being so gullible to Hillary's propoganda.

I know exactly what Obama's plans are for Iraq, terrorism, Social Security, Healthcare, immigration, energy & the rest...

Well you may.........

Biggest myth of the campaign. Congrats on being so gullible to Hillary's propoganda.

I know exactly what Obama's plans are for Iraq, terrorism, Social Security, Healthcare, immigration, energy & the rest...

But the general electorate has not a clue...and Hillary has even less experience...they both talk a good game but thats about all...:rolleyes:

I think you misinterpret what is meant by "change."

It is not necessarily a policy thing. It is more about how Washington works, and the tone that exists there. The intense partisanship of the Clinton & Bush years have turned it into a city that cares a lot more about perceived victories for the party instead of real legislative victories.

I don't know if Obama CAN change this, but I know that, at this point, he is committed to trying. I think he could potentially be the most bipartisan President we've had in my lifetime.

Just look at the way he has run his campaign. I can't remember seeing a campaign like it in recent memory.

I would agree that with regards to bringing this country back together he is far better than either of the Bushs or Bill Clinton and better than most other candidates in either party. McCain would be the only one close out of the current crop.

But I would bet you were alive during Reagan's terms. While those on the far left seem to despise him, he won in two landslides. He helped bring this country together again. While he and Tip went toe to toe on a variety of issues, the two almost always remained cordial and willing to work with the other side. Obama could be the liberal version of Reagan. Different political goals, but willing to work with the other side for the benefit of the country.

I would agree that with regards to bringing this country back together he is far better than either of the Bushs or Bill Clinton and better than most other candidates in either party. McCain would be the only one close out of the current crop.

But I would bet you were alive during Reagan's terms. While those on the far left seem to despise him, he won in two landslides. He helped bring this country together again. While he and Tip went toe to toe on a variety of issues, the two almost always remained cordial and willing to work with the other side. Obama could be the liberal version of Reagan. Different political goals, but willing to work with the other side for the benefit of the country.

Working well together with other politicians is the least of our worries. This is something Edwards has nailed.

Do you think our congressmen/women actually write our legislation? No they don't. Lobbyists and entrenched special interests do. If you want change, you have to be able to confront, and remove, the corrupting influence of special interests on the legislature and executive branch.

Yeah, McCain "I'll stay in Iraq for 10,000 years if I have to" is going to unite the country.

I can't wait to see how rudy is going to top that one. "I'll stay a million years!' "I'll fight this war from a colony on Mars if I have to!"

Obama is no Reagan...

or for that matter George Bush Senior...'Bush 41' was the real President during the Reagan years( Ronnie was a great actor-wellafter he got elected...:cof1:)...I know I was alive during these terms and voted well before!

lorax.. this country will NEVER be united. It is not feasible.

I'm not talking about united, necessarily. "Not being bitterly divided" is a great first step.

And I agree, Superfreak; the Reagan years were hugely different from the past 2 decades or so. Tip O'Neil talked about that in his autobiography; it was a time when the President genuinely worked with the other party, and vice versa, to get things accomplished.

Now, it's all about winning the PR war, even if your bill is a loser.

I agree with you SF. Obama thus far has remained very positive about America. Not lashing out at Republicans as the enemy but in talking about coming to some common ground. It will be interesting to see if he remains postive and talks about what WE can do rather than what THEY are trying to do to us. If he continues to avoid an "Us vs THem" campaign he can and will carry a great deal of independents in a general election

Way too much Irish Coffee.........

Yeah, McCain "I'll stay in Iraq for 10,000 years if I have to" is going to unite the country.

I can't wait to see how rudy is going to top that one. "I'll stay a million years!' "I'll fight this war from a colony on Mars if I have to!"

Princess Leah...:cof1:

Back