Mccain up 10 in another Electoral College update

McCain/Palin will win, and I will make it a point to log in on election night and mock the liberals.

You do that.

You do realize, of course, that McCain is the most liberal republican that ran for president.

In fact, at least one hardcore conservative said they would vote for Hillary if McCain was the republican nominee.

You do that.

You do realize, of course, that McCain is the most liberal republican that ran for president.

In fact, at least one hardcore conservative said they would vote for Hillary if McCain was the republican nominee.

Wilkie was pretty liberal.

More socially liberal than FDR was, at least, and only a little more economically conservative.

Wilkie was pretty liberal.

More socially liberal than FDR was, at least, and only a little more economically conservative.
Wilkie was just angry at FDR over TVA. He had been a card-carrying Dem until that time. I have no idea why the GOP let him be their candidate that year....

Seems to me that many of these so-called toss-up states are not really toss-ups.

Michigan and Pennsylvania are not going to become red states this time. The Reagan Democrats in Michigan (where I'm currenly working FYI) don't have a genuine Reagan Republican to vote for.

I know the last two elections were decided in Florida and Ohio, but they really are losable states if you have a candidate that can win a couple in the Southwest plus one state...any state.

While McCain naturally makes Arizona unavailable (unlike the way it was open and foolishly missed by the Democrats in 2004), the polls in New Mexico and Colorado are a big deal. If Obama were to win their 16 electoral votes, he would need only one other state Kerry didn't win to clear 270.

Does anyone believe there are very many former Kerry states prepared to turn their back on Obama? Does anyone think there are states that President Bush won that have concerns in 2008 they feel may not be well addressed by a McCain candidacy? Iowa, maybe?

Here is the same map without the "Toss Up State" category:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/?map=10

It's close like Bush-Gore under the Red Ohio and Florida scenario, but it's very possible, and I would even say it may be generous to the Republicans to assume they will win Florida and Ohio- they have the advantage of their candidate being the politically ambiguous John McCain.

Back