McCain wants to stay in Iraq for a thousand years

Cypress

A winning electoral strategy for 2008

McCain: ‘I Dont Think Americans Are Concerned’ If We Stay In Iraq For ‘10,000 Years’

MCCAIN: The point is it’s American casualties. We’ve go to get American’s off the frontlines, have the Iraqis as part of the strategy, take over more and more of the responsibilities, and then I don’t think Americans are concerned if we’re there for one hundred years or a thousand years or ten thousand years.

http://thinkprogress.org/

maybe he is just being more honest. We are building permanent basis in Iraq. the plan is to move out of Saudi Arabia and that be the new permanent base. Most of the dems running are voting yes on the $$ to build the permanent bases.

maybe he is just being more honest. We are building permanent basis in Iraq. the plan is to move out of Saudi Arabia and that be the new permanent base. Most of the dems running are voting yes on the $$ to build the permanent bases.

Our Presence requested by the Saudi government to prevent a Saddam invasion is one of the main reason Bin Laden declared war on us. He saw US troops in Islam's holiest sites and it infuriated him, especially the women.

Do many Americans care that we're still in Germany 50 years later, no, hell it's a selling point to join the Army, and it's strategic value is immense.

Our Presence requested by the Saudi government to prevent a Saddam invasion is one of the main reason Bin Laden declared war on us. He saw US troops in Islam's holiest sites and it infuriated him, especially the women.
He was probably jealous that they could drive in Saudi Arabia when he couldn't even walk there.

Do many Americans care that we're still in Germany 50 years later, no, hell it's a selling point to join the Army, and it's strategic value is immense.

I care about the cost / benefit ratio.

Germans aren't, and never did, attack us after 1946. They welcomed us there.

Iraqi's don't want us there, for the most part. And they will continue to attack us.

Back