McCain's Famous Last Words

From the delusional warmongering batty old kook we have this instant classic right up there with 'Mission Accomplished':

"My friends, the war will be over soon ... for all intents and purposes,"

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/25/iraq.mccain/index.html

Yeah…first it was going to last a hundred years, now this. I think someone wrote a memo informing him that Americans aren’t that thrilled with the war, and that running on “I’ll stay in Iraq for One Hundred Years…or More!” might not be the winning message.

And for all intents and purposes are the weasel words.

I guess since your party can't even decide who it wants to be President, you have to amuse yourselves by attacking McCain every three seconds.

Yeah…first it was going to last a hundred years, now this. I think someone wrote a memo informing him that Americans aren’t that thrilled with the war, and that running on “I’ll stay in Iraq for One Hundred Years…or More!” might not be the winning message.

And for all intents and purposes are the weasel words.

It's what is expected, now that he has the Repub nomination. The Dems will move to more prowar once they have the nomination in hand.

There's gonna be more combat wounds, and my friends we're gonna have a lot to do

McCain voters/Iraq War apologists have been spinning his more wars comment, to suggest the McCain is merely suggesting the theorectical possibility of war at some point in the hypotheical future. 50 years, a 100 years from now; whatever.

Does this sound like he's talking about a theorectical war in the year 2112? Or does it sound like he anticipates a war in the near future, presumably even with one of his next two possible presidential terms?

The promise of a better future is not always clear. There's gonna be other wars. I'm sorry to tell you there's gonna be other wars. There's gonna be a lot of combat wounds and my friends it's gonna be tough, and we're gonna have a lot to do.

"The promise of a better future is not always clear. There's gonna be other wars. I'm sorry to tell you there's gonna be other wars. There's gonna be a lot of combat wounds and my friends it's gonna be tough, and we're gonna have a lot to do. "

Yeah, that's the kind of leader I want to be in charge of our troops. Someone who thinks being the same perpetual state of war is inevitable.

/sarcasm

And here's the McCain 100 years in Iraq logic.

Bush apologists have been clingint to the logic that McCain only wants to stay in Iraq for a hundred years, only if americans aren't dying.

Here's McCain:

That reminds me this 100 year thing. I was asked in a town hall meeting back in Florida, how long would we have a presence in Iraq?

My friends, the war will be over soon, the war for all intents and purposes although the insurgency will go on for years and years and years But it will be handled by the Iraqis, not by us, and then we decide what kind of security arrangement we want to have with the Iraqis.

Okay, he admits that the insurgency will go on "for years, and years, and years". But, somehow we will station troops in permanent bases in the country and they will be immune to the iraqis fighting each other.

As McCain full well knows "the insurgency" has a large, anti-american component to it. Even while the Iraqis are fighting each other, the insurgents (at least some of them) will be shooting at us.

So, it's a hundred year war, for all intents and purposes.

I guess since your party can't even decide who it wants to be President, you have to amuse yourselves by attacking McCain every three seconds.

As if your party is happy with its frail choices. :shock:

Obama got 200,000 more votes than all the republican votes put together in Wisconsin and democrats have outnumbered republicans at the polls 2-1.

As if the right-wing didn't attack McCain every 3 seconds.

Geez

As if your party is happy with its frail choices. :shock:
What party is that, BlackAssCoal?

Obama got 200,000 more votes than all the republican votes put together in Wisconsin and democrats have outnumbered republicans at the polls 2-1.
And I care why?

As if the right-wing didn't attack McCain every 3 seconds.

Geez
The right-wing would keep attacking McCain if you guys don't give them a reason to band together, but in typical Democrat fashion you have a problem with winning elections. The Democratic Party's singular talent is losing elections they should have won.

What party is that, BlackAssCoal?

The party of idiots.

And I care why?

Because you're an idiot.

The right-wing would keep attacking McCain if you guys don't give them a reason to band together, but in typical Democrat fashion you have a problem with winning elections. The Democratic Party's singular talent is losing elections they should have won.

"you guys" ??

I'm not a democrat.

Speaks to why I'm not a democrat .. but McCain is just too easy.

The party of idiots.
Ah, always nice to see that 3rd-grade maturity showing. You know so little about me yet have decided that you have me pegged, which causes you to repeatedly back peddle whenever you try to insult me.

Because you're an idiot.
I care because I'm an idiot? That suggests that it is idiotic to care, which would make me smart for not caring--which is fortunate, because I do not care, because I am not a Republican. I know that the truth hurts, but you will get through it.

Speaks to why I'm not a democrat .. but McCain is just too easy.
You are a Democrat in all but name.

Back