McCain's Sad Campaign

cawacko

I thnk this is a pretty good break down of 'how not to be President' as the writer says:

HOW NOT TO BE THE NEXT GOP PRESIDENT Hey, I'm all for pandering, if it will keep Obama out of the White House. But this is just plain stupid. Thanks to Jameson Campaigne for the link.
Update... My DC-insider friend "Mick Danger" agrees:

You are corect, sir!
A conservative wins in Mississippi; he just happens to be a Democrat. (Hillary's win in West Virginia is meaningless to everyone, except maybe to her and her campaign-paid hairdresser.)

McCain is running as a third party candidate, trying to use the global warming issue he believes in (why, 'cause he's marinated his brains in the media bowl) to shake his tail feathers at independents and Democrats.

The trouble is that this is a fatally flawed political strategy because McCain is driving some likely voters away in an attempt to attract others who his campaign imagines exist. McCain is a regular guy, despite his dalliances with the international set.

Folks in states like Ohio, Pennsylvania, Missouri, Arkansas -- the states he needs to carry to get to 270 electoral college votes -- work with their hands; carbon is what they do. They sure don't buy no eco clothes, unless they come printed with their favorite NASCAR number or “Git ‘er done!”.

Think the following announcement would be popular: "Ladies and Gentlemen, Turn off your engines. We are still waiting for our federal emissions carbon offset approval notice."

Here are my observations:

1. This is still a slightly-right of center country

2. "Conservative" is better than "Republican"

3. The biggest threat to blue collar jobs is political, mostly "Global Warming" legislation

4. The Republicans are now the third party, behind Democrats and Independents

5. Brace yourself; the inept Republicans and the kidding-themselves Blue Dog Democrats are about to hand the keys to the government to Nancy, Harry and Barack.

http://store.johnmccain.com//SearchResults.asp?Cat=113

http://www.poorandstupid.com/chronicle.asp

It says a lot about your party’s base that a man who believes in evolution and global warming is considered to be “pandering” and “pisses off” conservatives.

I sometimes wonder how pissed cons will be when their children are drowning, but the truth is, at this point, I really don’t care. I think we’re past the point of no return anyway. Congratulations. Your side “won”. LOL.

I’m sooo glad I made the decision to not have children.

"McCain is a regular guy, despite his dalliances with the international set."

Oh, well, that's a relief. When I'm looking for a world leader, the 1st thing I think is "regular guy." It's so important that someone is just folks, and doesn't get caught up in none of that high-fallutin' intellectualiz'in.

F'in morons. "Carbon is what they do"...I guess that means we're stuck with it, then. It's too much to hope for that in a nation of 300 million anyone might have an actual creative idea of something else they could be doing that wasn't all about carbon.

"McCain is a regular guy, despite his dalliances with the international set."

Oh, well, that's a relief. When I'm looking for a world leader, the 1st thing I think is "regular guy." It's so important that someone is just folks, and doesn't get caught up in none of that high-fallutin' intellectualiz'in.

F'in morons. "Carbon is what they do"...I guess that means we're stuck with it, then. It's too much to hope for that in a nation of 300 million anyone might have an actual creative idea of something else they could be doing that wasn't all about carbon.

What’s even dumber is how easily they are rooked. McCain is as much of a regular guy as Bill Clinton is. They are so stupid.

I can see a bright side to McCain winning. It would signify the end of the importance of the Religous right as a voting block and the end of the NeoCon movement.

I can see a bright side to McCain winning. It would signify the end of the importance of the Religous right as a voting block and the end of the NeoCon movement.

Guys like Dobson are already floundering & lost. It's real poetic justice; I couldn't be happier to see it.

I've been pretty heartened over the past year on the shift taking place in evangelicals; a lot of the "new" leaders of that movement are calling for a shift in focus from abortion & gays to protecting the planet, peace & helping the poor. They're also calling for being less political as a group, and not adhering themselves to one party or another.

Guys like Dobson are already floundering & lost. It's real poetic justice; I couldn't be happier to see it.

I've been pretty heartened over the past year on the shift taking place in evangelicals; a lot of the "new" leaders of that movement are calling for a shift in focus from abortion & gays to protecting the planet, peace & helping the poor. They're also calling for being less political as a group, and not adhering themselves to one party or another.

Thank god... Literally. Now how do we prevent that from happening again?

I agree. I believe that Bush may be the death knell to the RR control over the party.

The neocons love McCain. His "rogue state rollback" policy is pure neoconservatism. If anything, a McCain presidency will signify a resurgence of the now largely discredited neocon movement.

I thnk this is a pretty good break down of 'how not to be President' as the writer says:

HOW NOT TO BE THE NEXT GOP PRESIDENT Hey, I'm all for pandering, if it will keep Obama out of the White House. But this is just plain stupid. Thanks to Jameson Campaigne for the link.
Update... My DC-insider friend "Mick Danger" agrees:

You are corect, sir!
A conservative wins in Mississippi; he just happens to be a Democrat. (Hillary's win in West Virginia is meaningless to everyone, except maybe to her and her campaign-paid hairdresser.)

McCain is running as a third party candidate, trying to use the global warming issue he believes in (why, 'cause he's marinated his brains in the media bowl) to shake his tail feathers at independents and Democrats.

The trouble is that this is a fatally flawed political strategy because McCain is driving some likely voters away in an attempt to attract others who his campaign imagines exist. McCain is a regular guy, despite his dalliances with the international set.

Folks in states like Ohio, Pennsylvania, Missouri, Arkansas -- the states he needs to carry to get to 270 electoral college votes -- work with their hands; carbon is what they do. They sure don't buy no eco clothes, unless they come printed with their favorite NASCAR number or “Git ‘er done!”.

Think the following announcement would be popular: "Ladies and Gentlemen, Turn off your engines. We are still waiting for our federal emissions carbon offset approval notice."

Here are my observations:

1. This is still a slightly-right of center country

2. "Conservative" is better than "Republican"

3. The biggest threat to blue collar jobs is political, mostly "Global Warming" legislation

4. The Republicans are now the third party, behind Democrats and Independents

5. Brace yourself; the inept Republicans and the kidding-themselves Blue Dog Democrats are about to hand the keys to the government to Nancy, Harry and Barack.

http://store.johnmccain.com//SearchResults.asp?Cat=113

http://www.poorandstupid.com/chronicle.asp

1) I agree, conservative is better than Republican

2) Global warming legislation depends entirely upon the legislation. I agree the whole carbon credit proposal McCain is promoting is idiotic as it does little to actually solve the problems. He should instead focus his global warming initiative on support for viable alt energy such as solar, wind and cellulosic ethanol.

Tax credits for commercial properties that install solar is sufficient enough to now make the breakeven point 1 year. For residential it is still about 15 years. We need to get the tax credits to where the residential is under 5.

3) Well Nancy and Harry already have their set of keys... they will just add some horsepower. Obama is definitely the frontrunner, but I do not think it will be the blowout predicted by some on the board.

The neocons love McCain. His "rogue state rollback" policy is pure neoconservatism. If anything, a McCain presidency will signify a resurgence of the now largely discredited neocon movement.

I thought the NeoCons were all bound up with the Whacko Right!

1) I agree, conservative is better than Republican

2) Global warming legislation depends entirely upon the legislation. I agree the whole carbon credit proposal McCain is promoting is idiotic as it does little to actually solve the problems. He should instead focus his global warming initiative on support for viable alt energy such as solar, wind and cellulosic ethanol.

Tax credits for commercial properties that install solar is sufficient enough to now make the breakeven point 1 year. For residential it is still about 15 years. We need to get the tax credits to where the residential is under 5.

3) Well Nancy and Harry already have their set of keys... they will just add some horsepower. Obama is definitely the frontrunner, but I do not think it will be the blowout predicted by some on the board.

I think Harry's real name is Harold!

Back