McCain's victory speech...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
Was pretty darned good. I was impressed. I can tell why people in Arizona keep voting him in.

Was pretty darned good. I was impressed. I can tell why people in Arizona keep voting him in.

It was okay. He was reading the whole thing and there must have been 50 cliches in it. It sounded like a bunch of blue sky hocus pocus to me.

It was okay. He was reading the whole thing and there must have been 50 cliches in it. It sounded like a bunch of blue sky hocus pocus to me.
I think it may have been the same one he gave last time. He seemed to do that a lot in NH. Using the same props, etc, and visiting the same places...

However, he delivered it pretty well.

I thought it was horrible.. it was rehearsed, he messed up a buntch of times, it was too "soundbyte-ish" and just wasn't very good. A lot in the media are agreeing too.. it wasn't a very good speech.

I thought it was horrible.. it was rehearsed, he messed up a buntch of times, it was too "soundbyte-ish" and just wasn't very good. A lot in the media are agreeing too.. it wasn't a very good speech.

If some college geek from Massachusetts says it, it must be true.

ZzzzZzzz... I left the room, while he was giving it. The best speech was Huckabee's when that supporter kept holding the sign up and blocking the camera.

I am a little bummed. I wonder if the hit piece made any difference.

Oh well, what's a Paul supporter to do.

Vote Obama! Seriously, if he wins the nomination I will probably vote for him over the Repub. Three reasons...

1) His message is change (though he has not actually elaborated wtf he is going to change).
2) I am hopeful his sabre rattling is just shtick.
3) I do not see any good LP candidates that are worth supporting.

He is the least rotten choice of any of the "frontrunners." McCain talks change, but his real message is fascism. He is a TR clone and huge warmonger. Giuliani and Romney are little better.

If something inspiring comes out of the LP I might change my mind, but...

YOu are right Grind. He looked like an old man trying to read a speech. He got lost. He muffed a line like three times.

Back