McConnell Was Against Spending, Before He Was For It

Althea

Althea told me...........
The Senate Conservatives Fund, a political action committee that opposes the deal ending the shutdown that Senate Minority Leader McConnell helped orchestrate, charged that it contained a provision in the legislation that amounted to a “Kentucky kickback.”
The provision authorizes more than $2.8 billion in funding for the troubled Olmsted Locks and Dam project on the Ohio River between Kentucky and Illinois.
McConnell’s office referred questions about the provision to Sens. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., and Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn., the chairwoman and ranking member of the Senate energy and water subcommittee, respectively.

http://www.courier-journal.com/arti...illion-Kentucky-kickback-shutdown-legislation

the mid terms are going to be a shower of corp money trying to kill the tea tard faction
Tough call. Kochs et. al hired the teabaggers to do one thing....nothing.

Make sure nothing changes, because status quo is fine for the corporations. So..while crashing the govt./economy wasn't the intended outcome, teabaggers still keep Congress plugged up.

The Senate Conservatives Fund, a political action committee that opposes the deal ending the shutdown that Senate Minority Leader McConnell helped orchestrate, charged that it contained a provision in the legislation that amounted to a “Kentucky kickback.”
The provision authorizes more than $2.8 billion in funding for the troubled Olmsted Locks and Dam project on the Ohio River between Kentucky and Illinois.
McConnell’s office referred questions about the provision to Sens. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., and Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn., the chairwoman and ranking member of the Senate energy and water subcommittee, respectively.

http://www.courier-journal.com/arti...illion-Kentucky-kickback-shutdown-legislation

Interesting, it really is like a poker game. All the back room deals us poor suckers, the taxpayers, never know about.

They may have gotten 3 bil in BS but they got NOTHING of what they really wanted. This was a total loss bottom spanking for them

so nobody is going to point out the fact this pork goes to infrastructure.......
That's the issue here. How do you simultaneously criticize the POTUS for his budget that included app. 1 1/2 times the agreed upon limit, because he wanted to create infrastructure jobs....while taking almost 3 billion for your own project that is rapidly coming close to 1 billion over budget?

Remember the sequester? We're cutting back on everything. Is this the time to grab 3 billion for your home state? Or is McConnell full of shit?

That's the issue here. How do you simultaneously criticize the POTUS for his budget that included app. 1 1/2 times the agreed upon limit, because he wanted to create infrastructure jobs....while taking almost 3 billion for your own project that is rapidly coming close to 1 billion over budget?

Remember the sequester? We're cutting back on everything. Is this the time to grab 3 billion for your home state? Or is McConnell full of shit?

I vote full of shit! They all want cuts, until it affects their home states!

He can just fallback on the fact this is a legit pork. had this been for some pet project about the study of turkey necks i would agree with you, otherwise boring.

He can just fallback on the fact this is a legit pork. had this been for some pet project about the study of turkey necks i would agree with you, otherwise boring.
So what makes his infrastructure more important than someone else's? And why couldn't these private sector worshipping old coots just look for the money at Bain?

If your position is to bring down the POTUS by any means necessary, and you do that by blocking every attempt to create jobs via infrastructure spending...then you really look pretty bad when you take another 3 billion to throw at a project that is way over budget. ESPECIALLY during a Republican forced sequester.

So what makes his infrastructure more important than someone else's? And why couldn't these private sector worshipping old coots just look for the money at Bain?

If your position is to bring down the POTUS by any means necessary, and you do that by blocking every attempt to create jobs via infrastructure spending...then you really look pretty bad when you take another 3 billion to throw at a project that is way over budget. ESPECIALLY during a Republican forced sequester.

I really dont care for whats more important argument. that's a weak excuse.

yeah it looks bad, but i doubt most people will care.

I really dont care for whats more important argument. that's a weak excuse.

yeah it looks bad, but i doubt most people will care.
This isn't about what you 'care' about. Either we're in austerity mode, or we aren't. It isn't about 'looks'. It's about the party that has blocked every attempt by the POTUS to create infrastructure spending. You either flap your gums on natl. t.v. about the flaw in the infrastructure argument, or you don't.

But don't take $3 billion in taxpayer dollars in late night, last minute language to a bill that re opens the govt. A fight, BTW, that was ALL about spending.

This isn't about what you 'care' about. Either we're in austerity mode, or we aren't. It isn't about 'looks'. It's about the party that has blocked every attempt by the POTUS to create infrastructure spending. You either flap your gums on natl. t.v. about the flaw in the infrastructure argument, or you don't.

But don't take $3 billion in taxpayer dollars in late night, last minute language to a bill that re opens the govt. A fight, BTW, that was ALL about spending.

it was about obamacare and just obamacare, the rest was fake posturing

Back