McSame us pro preemptive war.

There are VERY VERY few examples of where I would be for a pre-emptive war.

Hell something like 85% of Americans were for the Iraq war.

http://wiredispatch.com/news/?id=121509

Well this is just lovely.

McSame thinks preemptive war is a good enough idea to repete.

wow.... what a nice little spin job.

Ask Hitlary or Osama if they would take preemptive action off the table. See what they say.

Only an idiot would take that option off the table completely. Also, that doesn't mean that by leaving it on the table they would perform as pathetically as Bush has in his handling of Iraq.

There are VERY VERY few examples of where I would be for a pre-emptive war.

Hell something like 85% of Americans were for the Iraq war.

exactly.... very rarely would you want the politicians starting a war preemptively.... but you would not take it off of the table completely, would you?

wow.... what a nice little spin job.

Ask Hitlary or Osama if they would take preemptive action off the table. See what they say.

Only an idiot would take that option off the table completely. Also, that doesn't mean that by leaving it on the table they would perform as pathetically as Bush has in his handling of Iraq.

Let's say Obama claims he's going to take it off the table because he thinks it will help in the election. Once President if finds out we are going to be attacked do you think he would sit there and let the U.S. be attacked because he said as a candidate "I take pre-emptive war off the table"?

No, he would attack.

exactly.... very rarely would you want the politicians starting a war preemptively.... but you would not take it off of the table completely, would you?

I agree. But we should hash out where they feel the line is. If it is not MILES more conservative than where Bush's line was.... We should never elect the guy.

The majority of Americans who were for the Iraq war thought it wasnt preemptive.

They thought it was a result of 911

The majority of Americans who were for the Iraq war thought it wasnt preemptive.

They thought it was a result of 911

Thats crazy, if you paid just 2% attention you could tell that was a lie.

Let's say Obama claims he's going to take it off the table because he thinks it will help in the election. Once President if finds out we are going to be attacked do you think he would sit there and let the U.S. be attacked because he said as a candidate "I take pre-emptive war off the table"?

No, he would attack.

Of course he would attack. That is why you don't take options off the table... no matter how rare the circumstance for the options use might be. It is purely political bullshit to spin common sense into some sort of absolute as Desh has once again tried to do.

"Evidence from intelligence sources, secret communications and statements by people now in custody reveal that Saddam Hussein aids and protects terrorists, including members of Al Qaida." -- State of the Union Address (1/28/2003).

"Our intelligence sources tell us that he (Saddam) has attempted to purchase high-strength aluminum tubes suitable for nuclear weapons production." -- State of the Union Address (1/28/2003).

"Bring Them On." -- says Bush of Iraq attacks (7/2/03)[2].

AND THE BEST ONE YET!!!

"After the chaos and carnage of September the 11th, it is not enough to serve our enemies with legal papers. The terrorists and their supporters declared war on the United States, and war is what they got. Some in this chamber, and in our country, did not support the liberation of Iraq. Objections to war often come from principled motives. But let us be candid about the consequences of leaving Saddam Hussein in power. We're seeking all the facts. Already, the Kay Report identified dozens of weapons of mass destruction-related program activities and significant amounts of equipment that Iraq concealed from the United Nations." --- State of the Union Address [6]

I agree. But we should hash out where they feel the line is. If it is not MILES more conservative than where Bush's line was.... We should never elect the guy.

On that I agree. But there is a vast difference in "hashing out where someone stands" on the use of a preemptive war and someone else trying to get a candidate to take it off the table completely. One is trying to determine the candidates position, the other is trying to play a little partisan bullshit game that has no merit.

"Evidence from intelligence sources, secret communications and statements by people now in custody reveal that Saddam Hussein aids and protects terrorists, including members of Al Qaida." -- State of the Union Address (1/28/2003).

"Our intelligence sources tell us that he (Saddam) has attempted to purchase high-strength aluminum tubes suitable for nuclear weapons production." -- State of the Union Address (1/28/2003).

"Bring Them On." -- says Bush of Iraq attacks (7/2/03)[2].

AND THE BEST ONE YET!!!

"After the chaos and carnage of September the 11th, it is not enough to serve our enemies with legal papers. The terrorists and their supporters declared war on the United States, and war is what they got. Some in this chamber, and in our country, did not support the liberation of Iraq. Objections to war often come from principled motives. But let us be candid about the consequences of leaving Saddam Hussein in power. We're seeking all the facts. Already, the Kay Report identified dozens of weapons of mass destruction-related program activities and significant amounts of equipment that Iraq concealed from the United Nations." --- State of the Union Address [6]

Ok, and where does that say Iraq attacked us on 9/11. You haven't shown it above.

On that I agree. But there is a vast difference in "hashing out where someone stands" on the use of a preemptive war and someone else trying to get a candidate to take it off the table completely. One is trying to determine the candidates position, the other is trying to play a little partisan bullshit game that has no merit.

I agree.

Ok, and where does that say Iraq attacked us on 9/11. You haven't shown it above.

He never said that, and I never claimed he did. He merely married the two in most of his speeches on the subject, rarely mentioning one without the other in the same sentence.

Hell it worked.

Back