Meanwhile, back at the ranch

Cancel7

Banned
...they kept dying.

8 U.S. Soldiers Killed in 2 Iraq Bomb Attacks
By ERICA GOODE and RICHARD A. OPPEL Jr.
BAGHDAD — A man walked up to a group of American soldiers on foot patrol in an upscale shopping district in central Baghdad on Monday and detonated the explosives-filled vest he was wearing, killing five soldiers and wounding three others and an Iraqi interpreter who accompanied them.

In eastern Diyala Province, north of the capital, three more American soldiers and an interpreter were also killed Monday when they were attacked with an improvised bomb, according to the military, which did not release any more details.

Another soldier was wounded in the blast.

The suicide bombing in Baghdad was the deadliest single attack on American soldiers in the capital since the height of the troop buildup here last summer. Nine Iraqi civilians were also wounded in the blast, according to officials at Yarmuk Hospital, where the victims were taken.

Reports from Iraqi witnesses suggest that the soldiers may have let down their guard because of the relative quiet of the last few months, leaving the safety of their Humvees and chatting with residents and shopkeepers.

Hours later, a car bomb exploded outside a hotel in the northern Kurdish city of Sulaimaniya, killing two people and wounding 30 in the first significant attack in that city in several years.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/11/world/middleeast/11cnd-iraq.html?hp=&pagewanted=print

I heard that brain-dead Congressman who said that terrorists would be "dancing in the streets" if Obama won last night on one of the cable shows. He was trying to clarify his original remarks, which pointed to Obama's middle name & also his father as reasons why they'd be "celebrating."

He kept driving home that both Dems planned to "surrender" and "retreat" from Iraq, giving the "enemy" a great victory. I realized when he was talking that these guys - the non-surrender monkeys - don't really have any kind of exit plan. They're content to let this kind of meaningless carnage continue, all in the name of "not surredering". He kept talking about achieving "victory," too, but the goalposts on that have moved more than the goalposts for Hillary's campaign. I don't think anyone knows what victory there looks like.

I used to say that I didn't hate Bush; I just thought he was woefully incompetent & unqualified. That's changed a bit. I definitely hate the guy.

I heard that brain-dead Congressman who said that terrorists would be "dancing in the streets" if Obama won last night on one of the cable shows. He was trying to clarify his original remarks, which pointed to Obama's middle name & also his father as reasons why they'd be "celebrating."

He kept driving home that both Dems planned to "surrender" and "retreat" from Iraq, giving the "enemy" a great victory. I realized when he was talking that these guys - the non-surrender monkeys - don't really have any kind of exit plan. They're content to let this kind of meaningless carnage continue, all in the name of "not surredering". He kept talking about achieving "victory," too, but the goalposts on that have moved more than the goalposts for Hillary's campaign. I don't think anyone knows what victory there looks like.

I used to say that I didn't hate Bush; I just thought he was woefully incompetent & unqualified. That's changed a bit. I definitely hate the guy.

It's really difficult not to.

The fact that Americans would elect an man with muslim family members and has an arab name like Hussien (smith in arabic) will help show Muslims that the American public does not hate muslims. It will help our Country stay safe.

...they kept dying.

8 U.S. Soldiers Killed in 2 Iraq Bomb Attacks
By ERICA GOODE and RICHARD A. OPPEL Jr.
BAGHDAD — A man walked up to a group of American soldiers on foot patrol in an upscale shopping district in central Baghdad on Monday and detonated the explosives-filled vest he was wearing, killing five soldiers and wounding three others and an Iraqi interpreter who accompanied them.

In eastern Diyala Province, north of the capital, three more American soldiers and an interpreter were also killed Monday when they were attacked with an improvised bomb, according to the military, which did not release any more details.

Another soldier was wounded in the blast.

The suicide bombing in Baghdad was the deadliest single attack on American soldiers in the capital since the height of the troop buildup here last summer. Nine Iraqi civilians were also wounded in the blast, according to officials at Yarmuk Hospital, where the victims were taken.

Reports from Iraqi witnesses suggest that the soldiers may have let down their guard because of the relative quiet of the last few months, leaving the safety of their Humvees and chatting with residents and shopkeepers.

Hours later, a car bomb exploded outside a hotel in the northern Kurdish city of Sulaimaniya, killing two people and wounding 30 in the first significant attack in that city in several years.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/11/world/middleeast/11cnd-iraq.html?hp=&pagewanted=print

"The surge is working!" narrative has permeated our allegedly watch dog media. It's off the front pages.

And the goal posts for success keep getting moved. I've gotten in arguments with bush loving Cons, over whether a million people, or two hundred thousand people have died in iraq. How fucking ridiculous is it to argue over that?

I think that guy is the best thing that could happen for Obama.
Already 75% of people want out. Let the KKK military industrial complex group alienate everybody else. Obama crushes the Fossil in Nov.

Using the deaths of American...............

soldiers to cheer for ones choice as a candidate and to bash another is downright nauseating to say the least...y'all should be ashamed!

The fact that Americans would elect an man with muslim family members and has an arab name like Hussien (smith in arabic) will help show Muslims that the American public does not hate muslims. It will help our Country stay safe.

EXACTLY.

His middle name is a plus for America.

Back