Meet the Russians | The Corbett Report

Scott

Verified User
Some here know that I've generally found Russia to have a lot of good reasons to get involved militarily in Ukraine. That doesn't mean that I always approve of Russian decisions, far from it. Today, I read most of an article from James Corbett of the Corbett Report that really hammers home the many things that are wrong about Russia. Below I quote the introduction and the conclusion. On one point, I'd like to say that I -do- have some hope that some national governments are fairly decent, but I haven't done enough research to be sure about this.

by James Corbett

October 29, 2023

Here's a simple observation: when knowledgeable Americans discuss American politics, they can talk in detail about the various fault lines in the American government.

They can expound at great length on the Squad's role in influencing the policies of the Democratic Party, for example.

[snip]

But ask any of these people about the politics of a foreign country and suddenly everyone will begin talking as if factions, intrigues, infighting and other verities of government don't exist in that far-away land. Instead, that foreign country is a political monolith that can be reduced to a single person.

[snip]

Don't believe me? How many politicians can you name in the Russian government other than Putin? How many of their backgrounds can you elaborate on? What are their ideological leanings? What is their relative influence in Russian politics? Which policies are they responsible for?

[snip]

The point is that Russia is like every country on the planet: an oligarchy run by incompetent kleptocrats and cruel kakistocrats who, while they have diverse backgrounds and different political leanings, are in service to the broader globalist agenda to the precise degree that it helps their career and lines their pocketbooks. It is also like every other country on the planet in that the average Russian knows that the average Russian bankster or technocrat or political stooge is a corrupt oligarch who does not have the Russian people's best interests in mind.

The galaxy brains of the "BRICS will save us!" blogosphere play on the ignorance of the average American (or Canadian or Japanese . . .) about the realities of Russian politics to lure them into a hopium narrative about Putin and Xi saving the world from the very globalist policies that they are working so hard to put into place in their own country.

Full article:
Meet the Russians | The Corbett Report

Back