Men sentenced to 20 years plus for medical pot

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
http://www.talkleft.com/story/2008/11/23/134322/59

Men Sentenced to 20 Years Plus for Medical Pot
By Jeralyn, Section Crime Policy
Posted on Sun Nov 23, 2008 at 12:43:22 PM EST

In California, two men have been sentenced to 20 and 22 years for dispensing medical pot. Federal prosecutors had asked for 24 and 30 years.

The case was closely watched because of the clash between state and federal marijuana laws. To federal authorities, it was simple. Though California voters legalized the medical use of marijuana in 1996 under Proposition 215, federal law trumps state law and federal law views the drug -- even when used for medical purposes -- as illegal.

.... Friday, Scarmazzo cast himself and Montes as crusaders who went to trial rather than cut a plea deal with authorities because they are fighting for the rights of medical-marijuana users.

President-Elect Barack Obama pledged to stop federal raids on medical marijuana dispensaries -- although he was the last of the ten Democratic candidates to do so. We need him to hold Attorney General Eric Holder to it. Anyone taking bets?

In other Modesto, CA news, a man got 35 years for stealing a purse. No wonder California prisons are bursting at the seams.

What's scarier than that? The guy Obama appointed thinks that we should have even stricter drug laws...

Yeah, its a good thing we arae getting those dangerous criminals off the streets, huh?

I feel safer already.

(the above statements should not be taken seriously - my "sarcasm icon" isn't working)

I have just switched to Femara and I don't know how I would exist without my marijuana.
The side effects are worse than Chemo at times.
We users are such evil people!
I have been called a dope fiend before!

I have just switched to Femara and I don't know how I would exist without my marijuana.

A dope fiend?? You have to be kidding!!!

That is ridiculous. Next time ask them if they'll take your cancer and THEN you'll let them decide.

Some people can be so damned heartless and ignorant.

Yes, they can, you just learn to ignore them and sincerely hope that it never happens to them? I would not wish this on anyone, well, I lied, maybe Osama!

what was I saying? something about passing all the state laws you want about making pot illegal, but what you gonna do bout the feds?

right first time I was.

First, I have to say that these guys should have picked their battle. Everyone knows that these laws are bullshit, but things aren't going to change because of these two guys. They aren't martyrs. They're dumb.

Secondly, again, my plan is to get every prosecutor high so they know how many lives they've destroyed over nothing. Fucking assholes probably still buy into reefer madness. These idiots literally think weed is like H. Makes me completely sick.

Have you checked out Marinol pills ?

http://www.talkleft.com/story/2008/11/23/134322/59

Men Sentenced to 20 Years Plus for Medical Pot
By Jeralyn, Section Crime Policy
Posted on Sun Nov 23, 2008 at 12:43:22 PM EST

In California, two men have been sentenced to 20 and 22 years for dispensing medical pot. Federal prosecutors had asked for 24 and 30 years.

The case was closely watched because of the clash between state and federal marijuana laws. To federal authorities, it was simple. Though California voters legalized the medical use of marijuana in 1996 under Proposition 215, federal law trumps state law and federal law views the drug -- even when used for medical purposes -- as illegal.

.... Friday, Scarmazzo cast himself and Montes as crusaders who went to trial rather than cut a plea deal with authorities because they are fighting for the rights of medical-marijuana users.

President-Elect Barack Obama pledged to stop federal raids on medical marijuana dispensaries -- although he was the last of the ten Democratic candidates to do so. We need him to hold Attorney General Eric Holder to it. Anyone taking bets?

In other Modesto, CA news, a man got 35 years for stealing a purse. No wonder California prisons are bursting at the seams.
This is what CONSERVATIVES do. They talk alot of shit about states rights but when a state wants the right to do something that the Bush DOJ doesn't like, and this still is the BUSH CONSERVATIVE DOJ, they put people in jail for 20 years for bullshit. Obama may or may not do the same but right NOW we know for a fact that Republicans will do this. This is the REPUBLICAN party here and this is their plan for america.

This is what CONSERVATIVES do. They talk alot of shit about states rights but when a state wants the right to do something that the Bush DOJ doesn't like, and this still is the BUSH CONSERVATIVE DOJ, they put people in jail for 20 years for bullshit. Obama may or may not do the same but right NOW we know for a fact that Republicans will do this. This is the REPUBLICAN party here and this is their plan for america.

1) Bush is no conservative

2) real conservatives don't agree with the 'war on drugs' either.

3) real conservatives are all about states rights and limited federal government.

4) Neither Bush, nor anyone in his cabinet, are representative of real conservatives.

No, I have been told by other cancer patients that they would rather smoke.

They can control the dosage better. Marinol is very potent!

Thanks for the info. I knew Marinol existed but not how well it woked. It is probably popular in Utah though since Morm,ans cannot smoke ;)

Around 1 year ago Utah was #1 in prescription drug abuse in the nation.

Gee, if you guys think Bush is a Liberal why the fuck did you vote for him twice? Liberals sure didn't elect the guy. Your efforts to disassociate yourself at this point are laughable.

First, I have to say that these guys should have picked their battle. Everyone knows that these laws are bullshit, but things aren't going to change because of these two guys. They aren't martyrs. They're dumb.

Secondly, again, my plan is to get every prosecutor high so they know how many lives they've destroyed over nothing. Fucking assholes probably still buy into reefer madness. These idiots literally think weed is like H. Makes me completely sick.

Yea, I'd like to ask them what they are going to do about those who grow and sell the most dangerous drug in the world. The one that has, unlike pot, killed millions and millions of people. Those damned tobacco growers.

When it comes to pot laws I don't understand how these Federal Prosecuters can sleep at night. Oh well....I've known several federal prosecutors and they were to two biggest egomaniacs I've ever met. You're life, in their minds, is not even remotely as important as their career.

1) Bush is no conservative

2) real conservatives don't agree with the 'war on drugs' either.

3) real conservatives are all about states rights and limited federal government.

4) Neither Bush, nor anyone in his cabinet, are representative of real conservatives.

You're one of the reactionaires who haven't a clue what a conservative is who voted for Bush. Why the hell should we listen to you about what is or is not a conservative when you have no clue yourself?

Holder is my first strike on Obama. 2 more and I will never cast a vote for him again even if hes running against George bush reincarnated.

Gee, if you guys think Bush is a Liberal why the fuck did you vote for him twice? Liberals sure didn't elect the guy. Your efforts to disassociate yourself at this point are laughable.

Did I say Bush was a liberal? I think not. Yes, I voted for him in 2000, not in 2004. I learned my lesson......too bad the real democrats did not.

I'm laughing my ass off about you at this point because you still are of the mindset of lesser of two evils.

Back