methane alert

Don Quixote

cancer survivor
Contributor
per a recent news article, as global temperatures rise, large amounts of methane will be released as permafrost melts :eek:

global climate change is a coming and i bet we will not like it:gives:

hey, farm land in greenland for sale...:)

oh well:pke:

ps i thought i would overdose on :cool:

The average global temp has not risen in a decade despite rapid CO2 increases and the global temp has actually fallen. The Pacicfic decadal oscillation is entering a cold phase. Solar cycle 24 is late and the sun spots have been unusually low since 2003. Cosmic ray theory (Svensmark) predicted the cooling we are now seeing.

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/.../2008/05/30/the-deniers-our-spotless-sun.aspx

When are you global warming alarmists going to realize you are exercising confirmation bias in blaming the climate changes on CO2?

I guess verifiable facts are too much for the alarmists to talk about. They need to stick to global climate models that ignore factors not related to humans

Yeah, those scientists, the weather channel, national geographic, the history channel, the science channel and discovery channel are all liberals who want to discredit Sean Hannity and Glenn Beck!

Give it time tinfoil. Heck it even took several years for most Bush supporters to realize how bad they had screwed up ;)

And no one knows exactly what will happen, we have not been thru this since we discovered a bit of science.

At least we will not likely blame it on evil spirits, unelss you think of liberals as evil spirits ?

The average global temp has not risen in a decade despite rapid CO2 increases and the global temp has actually fallen. The Pacicfic decadal oscillation is entering a cold phase. Solar cycle 24 is late and the sun spots have been unusually low since 2003. Cosmic ray theory (Svensmark) predicted the cooling we are now seeing.

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/.../2008/05/30/the-deniers-our-spotless-sun.aspx

When are you global warming alarmists going to realize you are exercising confirmation bias in blaming the climate changes on CO2?

tin

site was afu last night when i tried to reply

i am not talking co2 but methane, there is approximately 10,000 gigatons of methane tied up in various forms on this planet

as for global warming, i do not know what is happening in your world, but the arctic is warming and the arctic ice is retreating AND the permafrost is gradually melting releasing more greenhouse gas into the atmosphere

this cycle has happened before and will happen again - also, in the other direction - my wife and i were up in glacier bay alaska where we could see glaciers up close (not too close as they were calving - they are LOUD when that happens) one of the glaciers a few hundred, but remembered, years ago, one of the glaciers advanced at a rate faster than a dog could run and wiped out a village

ice ages and hot ages come and go, the only question is which is happening now and can we do anything about it

it may be that we have tipped over a line and are now riding down a steep slope:(

And that is somehow proof that CO2 from humans is driving the climate?

Nope, but I do think we are having some effect on the climate swing. How much ? You got me, but I think it is stupid to think all we are doing is having no effect at all.

Nope, but I do think we are having some effect on the climate swing. How much ? You got me, but I think it is stupid to think all we are doing is having no effect at all.

there you go with a strawman. I have repeatedly said that humans have a small and insignifgant contribution to climate change. Out of the naturally occuring CO2 concentration, humans have added about 3%. It comes out to an increase of about .01 C temp difference in the last century.

Learn WTF you're arguing about

From the title, I thought this had something to do with eating beans.

there you go with a strawman. I have repeatedly said that humans have a small and insignifgant contribution to climate change. Out of the naturally occuring CO2 concentration, humans have added about 3%. It comes out to an increase of about .01 C temp difference in the last century.

Learn WTF you're arguing about

tin

why are you talking about co2, i started this post and it is about methane

Well, it does. If you don't eat meat there will be less demand for the animals who produce the methane...

That is true. I don't think that most people realize how environmentally damaging commercial meat production is.

Back