Michigan GOP almost bankrupt.

floridafan

Verified User
Michigan's Republican Party has less than six figures in its coffers 16 months ahead of the November 2024 presidential election.

The Detroit News obtained a recording of a closed-door meeting of the state GOP committee on July 8 that one participant described as a "Festivus-style airing of grievances" that included a physical altercation as party officials revealed their bank accounts had only $93,000.

“What I will confirm right now is that we have $93,231.90 in our accounts," said Dan Bonamie, the state committee's budget chairman. "We have not taken loans out. We are working on the debt.”

Former state GOP officials described the financial picture as troubling and unusual based on past fundraising totals and expenses to fund the party's operations.

“That could sound like a lot to the casual observer, but that means they’re functionally bankrupt," said former state GOP executive director Jeff Timmer, who said $93,000 would not have covered rent, payroll and utilities for even a month when he was there from 2005 to 2009.

They spent the money fighting for Trump's Big Lie. And then the fake electors cost more. they wasted the money on Trump. He will not give any back.

Some things are bi-partisan, and in the “state” of Michigan that is incompetence. That is a quality shared by most who live there, doesn’t matter what you believe in politically. It’s the Walmart Wolverines mindset that dominates.

I saw you peak your head on the board the other day Mott, can I get an amen…

Back