Minimum wage since 1938

signalmankenneth

Verified User
http://money.cnn.com/interactive/economy/minimum-wage-since-1938/?source=cnn_bin

It's all about a living wage!

52ab6a9669917.preview-620.jpg

I don't believe in raising the minimum wage.

But if all these big Corporations keep the ability to prevent unionization of workers, there is NO choice. (I'm sure small brains will be confused by this because they don't read)

It's so tiny an amount, it's just a partisan hack chip for the right!
The Riechwingers will fight it till the last state raises it.
Just like the pot and gay issues.

I don't believe in raising the minimum wage.

But if all these big Corporations keep the ability to prevent unionization of workers, there is NO choice. (I'm sure small brains will be confused by this because they don't read)

You "don't believe in the minimum wage" but you advocate for raising it. That's you Goober from head to toe, no confusion here you're really that fucking stupid!!!!!

It's so tiny an amount, it's just a partisan hack chip for the right!
The Riechwingers will fight it till the last state raises it.
Just like the pot and gay issues.

There's no constitutional authority for the federal government to establish a minimum wage. That would be a power reserved to the States or the people. It's patriotic, rational and sane to oppose a federal mandated minimum wage and every constitutional violation instituted by the son-of-a-bitch bastards in Washington.

no power for the people in any way.

that is what the right seeks.

You don't care about this country or its people .

YOU worship the wealthy

You "don't believe in the minimum wage" but you advocate for raising it. That's you Goober from head to toe, no confusion here you're really that fucking stupid!!!!!

Well you kind of quoted something I didn't say. Anyone with a brain can scroll back and see what I actually said....Seems you like to use the Fox News method of doing things.

There's no constitutional authority for the federal government to establish a minimum wage. That would be a power reserved to the States or the people. It's patriotic, rational and sane to oppose a federal mandated minimum wage and every constitutional violation instituted by the son-of-a-bitch bastards in Washington.

You are wrong. If America votes to raise the minimum wage then it is Constitutional. And this was laid out in the Constitution.

Your small brain thinking America can not change at all is a flaw and you know it. Well.......you should know it...

The Democrats, their union supporters, and liberals in general are making a hard and concerted push for an increase in the minimum wage.

It is important that everyone on both sides debates the issue with the correct facts.

Much of what you hear about the minimum wage is completely untrue.

This rather heated policy discussion is over a very small group of people.

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics there are about 3.6 million workers at or below the minimum wage (you can be below legally under certain conditions).

That is 2.5 percent of all workers and 1.5 percent of the population of potential workers.

Within that small group, 31 percent are teenagers and 55 percent are 25 years old or younger.

That leaves only about 1.1 percent of all workers over 25 and 0.8 percent of all Americans over 25 earning the minimum wage.

Within that tiny group, most of these workers are not poor and are not trying to support a family on only their earnings.

Minimum wage earners are not a uniformly poor and struggling group.

Many are teenagers from middle class families.

This group of workers is also shrinking.

In 1980, 15 percent of hourly workers earned the minimum wage.

Today that share is down to only 4.7 percent.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffreydorfman/2014/01/30/almost-everything-you-have-been-told-about-the-minimum-wage-is-false/

You are wrong. If America votes to raise the minimum wage then it is Constitutional. And this was laid out in the Constitution.

Your small brain thinking America can not change at all is a flaw and you know it. Well.......you should know it...

Please supply the constitutional article or amendment into evidence for your absurd proclamation.

Back