Minnesota grandma jailed for defying Walz COVID lockdown orders warns 'you do not want tyranny at this level'

ExpressLane

Verified User

Minnesota grandma jailed for defying Walz COVID lockdown orders warns 'you do not want tyranny at this level'

Lisa Hanson, a former wine and coffee bistro owner thrown into jail for violating Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz’s lockdown orders, told Fox News Digital that the now Democratic vice presidential candidate essentially "shut down and destroyed" her small business, warning Americans, "You do not want tyranny at this level."

A mother of eight children and soon to be 18 grandchildren, Hanson said besides a speeding ticket she received as a teenager, she had always been a law-abiding citizen and owned businesses with her husband for more than 30 years. At the time the COVID-19 pandemic was in full swing in 2020, Hanson said The Interchange Wine & Coffee Bistro in Albert Lea, about 90 miles south of Minneapolis, had been open for eight years.

Her wine and coffee bistro initially complied with the shutdown ordered that March. However, Hanson said she watched for months afterward as Walz never fully re-opened the state when it came to businesses deemed non-essential, such as the bars, restaurants, gyms, dance studios and hair salons. By contrast, the governor never shut down liquor stores, the "big box stores" or even strip clubs.

"He shut down a lot of the mom-and-pop shops, those folks that were just trying to make a living and provide a great product and a great service," Hanson told Fox News Digital. "In contrast, he allowed big box stores, etc. to stay open. Really incredible, an incredible use of tyranny against the people."

Hanson eventually decided to re-open her business and defied Walz's renewed shutdown order for bars and restaurants six times between December 2020 and January 2021.

She was convicted in December 2021 on misdemeanor charges and received the maximum sentence of 90 days and a $1,000 fine. Hanson ended up serving two-thirds of her sentence, 60 days.

"This is the story that America needs to hear, that Tim Walz is not some cuddly, joyful coach, like all the things that the MSMs are calling him," Hanson told Fox News Digital. "That is not who this man is. This man would like to take your rights away. He will take your rights away. Because what happened to me could have happened to anybody. What happened to me will happen to you."

"My family has paid a dear price. While I was in jail, I missed out on Christmas with my family, I missed out on my wedding anniversary, and I also missed out on the birth of one of my grandchildren," Hanson said. "I can never have that time back. That time was stolen from me. My business was destroyed. My business is gone. After everything that happened, Tim Walz and Keith Ellison destroyed my business. They wrecked my life."

"I've heard some people say that Tim Walz is a real nice guy. Yeah, well he's not. Take my word for it," Hanson said. "Through this whole process, I've gotten to know other people. Similar things have happened to them when they were trying to run their business and survive. Mostly women, by the way. So Tim Walz and Attorney General Keith Ellison really like to go after women. They're bullies.. And they like to go after women and torment and destroy women's lives.

========================================

Ordinary Americans know the truth about Walz. When he has power he is a tyrant. What do the call a man that hates women...a misogynist?

Reactions: TOP

Lisa Hanson, a former wine and coffee bistro owner thrown into jail for violating Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz’s lockdown orders, told Fox News Digital that the now Democratic vice presidential candidate essentially "shut down and destroyed" her small business, warning Americans, "You do not want tyranny at this level."

A mother of eight children and soon to be 18 grandchildren, Hanson said besides a speeding ticket she received as a teenager, she had always been a law-abiding citizen and owned businesses with her husband for more than 30 years. At the time the COVID-19 pandemic was in full swing in 2020, Hanson said The Interchange Wine & Coffee Bistro in Albert Lea, about 90 miles south of Minneapolis, had been open for eight years.

Her wine and coffee bistro initially complied with the shutdown ordered that March. However, Hanson said she watched for months afterward as Walz never fully re-opened the state when it came to businesses deemed non-essential, such as the bars, restaurants, gyms, dance studios and hair salons. By contrast, the governor never shut down liquor stores, the "big box stores" or even strip clubs.

"He shut down a lot of the mom-and-pop shops, those folks that were just trying to make a living and provide a great product and a great service," Hanson told Fox News Digital. "In contrast, he allowed big box stores, etc. to stay open. Really incredible, an incredible use of tyranny against the people."

Hanson eventually decided to re-open her business and defied Walz's renewed shutdown order for bars and restaurants six times between December 2020 and January 2021.

She was convicted in December 2021 on misdemeanor charges and received the maximum sentence of 90 days and a $1,000 fine. Hanson ended up serving two-thirds of her sentence, 60 days.

"This is the story that America needs to hear, that Tim Walz is not some cuddly, joyful coach, like all the things that the MSMs are calling him," Hanson told Fox News Digital. "That is not who this man is. This man would like to take your rights away. He will take your rights away. Because what happened to me could have happened to anybody. What happened to me will happen to you."

"My family has paid a dear price. While I was in jail, I missed out on Christmas with my family, I missed out on my wedding anniversary, and I also missed out on the birth of one of my grandchildren," Hanson said. "I can never have that time back. That time was stolen from me. My business was destroyed. My business is gone. After everything that happened, Tim Walz and Keith Ellison destroyed my business. They wrecked my life."

"I've heard some people say that Tim Walz is a real nice guy. Yeah, well he's not. Take my word for it," Hanson said. "Through this whole process, I've gotten to know other people. Similar things have happened to them when they were trying to run their business and survive. Mostly women, by the way. So Tim Walz and Attorney General Keith Ellison really like to go after women. They're bullies.. And they like to go after women and torment and destroy women's lives.

Ordinary Americans know the truth about Walz. When he has power he is a tyrant. What do the call a man that hates women...a misogynist?
I think we're going to start hearing a lot of stories just like this one... About both candidates...

Walz retired from Minnesota National Guard....The rank he placed on the challenge coins he produced and gave out as House Member was Command Sargeant Major... not the rank he retired...which was Master Sargeant
FB_IMG_1723573633525.jpg

Now is your source, Brietfart, InfoWars, Examiner, Federalist, Gateway, Red State, or one of the other endless right wing propagandist sites you swallow? Tell us, which one?

Just look how desperate you are getting- scraping the bottom of the barrel!

Hilarious.

Dude- WE ARE WELL ORGANIZED- WELL INFORMED- WELL FUNDED- WELL REPRESENTED- AND WELL DUG IN!!

There is not a story you can even make up- THAT IS GOING TO MAKE US CHANGE OUR MINDS.

But you just keep preaching to your choir- if it makes your little sticker peck out! LOL!

Just look how desperate you are getting- scraping the bottom of the barrel!

Hilarious.

Dude- WE ARE WELL ORGANIZED- WELL INFORMED- WELL FUNDED- WELL REPRESENTED- AND WELL DUG IN!!

There is not a story you can even make up- THAT IS GOING TO MAKE US CHANGE OUR MINDS.

But you just keep preaching to your choir- if it makes your little sticker peck out! LOL!
You realize you automatically lost when you lovingly tacked on the last remark...;) We don't need to change your mind...
We just need to wait for Kam to speak off prompter...
And more of the truth to be revealed...
This isn't about hurt feelings for most Americans...this election is about the well being and future of their family and this country...

You realize you automatically lost when you lovingly tacked on the last remark...;) We don't need to change your mind...
We just need to wait for Kam to speak off prompter...
And more of the truth to be revealed...
This isn't about hurt feelings for most Americans...this election is about the well being and future of their family and this country...
The Truth? Lady, the truth is Donald Trump is reminding everyone what a horrible man he is, and terrible president he was.

People are crossing over and voting with the Democrats this time, to save the country.

Donald Trump, with is big hateful mouth, has finally done himself in, and even the Republicans are sick of him now.

I knew all along that Donnie's days were numbered., and that people would get their fill of him, and they have finally had enough and ready to move on from him.

Donnie was a failed experiment in TERROR!

Back