Mississippi Burning

ib1yysguy

Does any movie make you hate southerners more than the movie Mississippi Burning?

And no, it's not hypocritical to hate southerners for their racism. It's nothing at all like racism and if you think it is, you're probably a southern racist.

Does any movie make you hate southerners more than the movie Mississippi Burning?

And no, it's not hypocritical to hate southerners for their racism. It's nothing at all like racism and if you think it is, you're probably a southern racist.

Remember when you used to be somewhat intelligent?

Remember when you used to be somewhat intelligent?

I still am. I just watched this movie for the first time and knowing what I do about how much of that shit still goes on, it got my dander up.

I'm buying a sailboat, MBL. I'll give you a hollar when I make it to Hawaii as my half-way point to Australia.

I still am. I just watched this movie for the first time and knowing what I do about how much of that shit still goes on, it got my dander up.

I'm buying a sailboat, MBL. I'll give you a hollar when I make it to Hawaii as my half-way point to Australia.

Cool. I'm buying a boat too as well. Let me know when you get out this way.

I know I almost slit my own wrists after watching it. Damn me!1!!

We're racist too.

It's fine to hate southerners for their racism only if it's also fine to hate niggers for being criminals.

Mississippi Burning, which made civil rights "heroes" out of J. Edgar Hoover and the FBI at a time when they were everything but heroes to civil rights, is just one of a long line of fantasy fairy-tale Hollywood tripe that made heroes out of evil and has rewritten history as HIS-story.

Mississippi Burning, which made civil rights "heroes" out of J. Edgar Hoover and the FBI at a time when they were everything but heroes to civil rights, is just one of a long line of fantasy fairy-tale Hollywood tripe that made heroes out of evil and has rewritten history as HIS-story.

Yeah... the heroism of the FBI was seriously exxagerated. Mostly the FBI just stood there, they were very reluctant to help, and they even watched beating without lifting a finger.

Yeah... the heroism of the FBI was seriously exxagerated. Mostly the FBI just stood there, they were very reluctant to help, and they even watched beating without lifting a finger.

Hoover thought King was a traitor and had him followed and secretly taped.

Since you brought it up, how do you feel about what some of the tapes showed? Namely his transgressions against his wife with multiple consorts.

It showed that he was a human, but nothing the FBI compiled demonstarted that King was anything other than a man committed to his cause.

Truth be told, King is the palatable civil rights hero, just as "Roots" was the palatable version of slavery.

Truth be told, civil rights gains came because they were finally demanded, not because they were peacefully asked/begged for.

Back