MLB

Bankruptcies all around please.

These fucks betrayed the game and abuse fans for personal profit.

Baseball somehow has been the biggest money-making sport in America for decades. Idk where the money comes from, but they make stupid money for playing ball.

I love baseball, but regardless, one thing I always found humorous is how a young kid at bat in a crucial time in front of packed stadium going nuts is expected to hit a baseball coming at him at over ninety miles an hour from six feet away while a professional golfer expects perfect silence to hit a stationary ball off a tee

I love baseball, but regardless, one thing I always found humorous is how a young kid at bat in a crucial time in front of packed stadium going nuts is expected to hit a baseball coming at him at over ninety miles an hour from six feet away while a professional golfer expects perfect silence to hit a stationary ball off a tee

Apples and oranges

That's about 10 times the chances to make money than a NFL team!

You have to be an versatile athlete to excel in baseball, football players can be taught how to play one position and that is all they ever will have to do, only game the offense doesn't play defense, good baseball players are more of a sparse commodity

There's nothing "pompous" of having class!
They aren't at a stadium with riff raff! They are in the country club!

Didn't I say "pompous?"

Golf doesn't emulate class, in most cases, it only implies money, all country clubs aren't St Andrews, in fact, most just the opposite, and golfers are not only the most pampered individuals but also some of the biggest babies

You have to be an versatile athlete to excel in baseball, football players can be taught how to play one position and that is all they ever will have to do, only game the offense doesn't play defense, good baseball players are more of a sparse commodity

In some positions! But in football ,finding 32 NFL quality QB's to start is near impossible.

Didn't I say "pompous?"

Golf doesn't emulate class, in most cases, it only implies money, all country clubs aren't St Andrews, in fact, most just the opposite, and golfers are not only the most pampered individuals but also some of the biggest babies

Big difference with Golf,is it's all on you! Nobody is paying a salary, you have to play good enough to pay the bills!
Or you could be losing money!

I grew up watching major league baseball in the 1950s. Note the lower-case letters.

Unlike today, the expressions "American League" and "National League" referred to actual discreet and competing leagues with their own league administrations; they were not mere brand names of Major League Baseball (with upper case letters).

There were 154 regular season games, not 162, and both separate and discrete leagues felt that that 154 games were enough to identify who their league champions were.
The long regular season was rewarded. No need for playoffs.

As for the World Series, that wasn't merely the final round of some tournament that ended in freezing November.
That was a battle of champions in early October--held in the daytime. Both teams were already true league champions.

That was the baseball that I remember. Sixteen big league teams in only eleven cities.
Fifty straight years of franchise stability (1903-1952).
No west coast games that ended after 2AM.

I'm glad that I got to see it, because what we have now is tacky in comparison.
I'm glad that I got to see the real thing while it lasted.
I'll always remember shaking Ted Williams' hand.

60'6"

Sixty feet, six inches.

Reds fans probably have it worse than you do.

I don’t know. The teams that I’d like to watch the most are blacked out. All four of them. I was having some difficulty with my subscription to MLB online and even the lady I talked to on the phone (I happened to mention ‘in passing’ how much their policy stinks even though I knew this poor lady could do nothing about it) said, “Oh, you do live in a bad zip code.”

So I get to see all the teams that I want to lose …

Back