Modern day slave trade; if you oppose stupidity, you must oppose Republicans

• Thread starter Thread starter Guns Guns Guns
  • Start date Start date

(Excerpt) In South Carolina today, Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney—who holds personal investments in Boeing—outlined his so-called labor policy and threw his support behind the Republican bill to cripple the NLRB. He also dispelled any lingering notion that he might not be as extreme and radically right wing as the other candidates when he called the members of the NLRB “labor stooges.” (End)

There's that old saying, "A rose by any other name smells just as sweet." And there's another saying, "A Republican, regardless of name, supports the same malodorous politics."

Well Apple......if Romney is successful there will 2000 well paying jobs created in South Carolina....if the NLRB and Democrats have it their way, those jobs will either go overseas or just disappear altogether.....

That is the fact of the matter which proves your an asswipe with no brains at all....but then there was no doubt that to begin with.....

Well Apple......if Romney is successful there will 2000 well paying jobs created in South Carolina....if the NLRB and Democrats have it their way, those jobs will either go overseas or just disappear altogether.....That is the fact of the matter which proves your an asswipe with no brains at all....but then there was no doubt that to begin with.....

Poor Blabo.

Explain how those jobs will either go overseas or just disappear altogether.

Poor Blabo.

Explain how those jobs will either go overseas or just disappear altogether.

I'll explain. Let's say you own a manufacturing plant in Podunk, VA creating widgets of the best quality. Now you decide to make a new kind of widget, but want to open a plant elsewhere to do it, you decide on Evenmroepodunk, SC. To open this plant that will use entirely different machinery and will not take any jobs away from the people in Podunk, VA you need to purchase new machinery and build a plant. You get that done and start hiring the new people that will work in your new plant.

The people in VA, however, are upset because they are making widgets in SC, even though they are different widgets and won't take any of their jobs they feel threatened by the fact that the people getting hired in SC aren't in their union, the union knows that it doesn't have a strong enough argument to get the people in SC to join so they hit the NLRB up to shut that plant down. You've already spent millions buying machinery and building a plant, hiring new workers, etc. and the NLRB decides to shut it down anyway.

Now, I am running a company that creates spindlests next door to your plant, and want to make a different kind of spindlests at a different plant elsewhere. The people who work in my VA plant are in the same union as the people in the union in your VA plant. I watched the decision made by the NLRB when your company spent all that money. If that decision stands, no matter how much I don't want to, I will go to another nation where the NLRB doesn't hold power to build my new plant. Those jobs are created in Stillmorepodunk, Mexico and not in the US.

Can you see how that might factor in to the decisions I may make if I want my new type of spindlests manufactured in a different location?

Now, when I see how much less I spend on my employees in Sillmorepodunk, Mexico, when I need to retool my manufacturing of my standard set of spindlests that I create currently in VA. Might I choose to move that newly retooled machinery elsewhere too?

I'll explain. Let's say you own a manufacturing plant in Podunk, VA creating widgets of the best quality. Now you decide to make a new kind of widget, but want to open a plant elsewhere to do it, you decide on Evenmroepodunk, SC. To open this plant that will use entirely different machinery and will not take any jobs away from the people in Podunk, VA you need to purchase new machinery and build a plant. You get that done and start hiring the new people that will work in your new plant. The people in VA, however, are upset because they are making widgets in SC, even though they are different widgets and won't take any of their jobs they feel threatened by the fact that the people getting hired in SC aren't in their union, the union knows that it doesn't have a strong enough argument to get the people in SC to join so they hit the NLRB up to shut that plant down. You've already spent millions buying machinery and building a plant, hiring new workers, etc. and the NLRB decides to shut it down anyway. Now, I am running a company that creates spindlests next door to your plant, and want to make a different kind of spindlests at a different plant elsewhere. The people who work in my VA plant are in the same union as the people in the union in your VA plant. I watched the decision made by the NLRB when your company spent all that money. If that decision stands, no matter how much I don't want to, I will go to another nation where the NLRB doesn't hold power to build my new plant. Those jobs are created in Stillmorepodunk, Mexico and not in the US. Can you see how that might factor in to the decisions I may make if I want my new type of spindlests manufactured in a different location? Now, when I see how much less I spend on my employees in Sillmorepodunk, Mexico, when I need to retool my manufacturing of my standard set of spindlests that I create currently in VA. Might I choose to move that newly retooled machinery elsewhere too?

Might?

Blabo said "will".

Poor Blabo.

Back