More People Than Ever Dissatisfied with the Way The US Is Governed

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...py-with-the-government-poll-shows?ft=1&f=1014

galluppoll26_custom.jpg

In some ways this news just states the obvious. But it's still worth noting that according to the pollsters at Gallup:

"A record-high 81 percent of Americans are dissatisfied with the way the country is being governed, adding to negativity that has been building over the past 10 years."

The question they were asked: "On the whole, would you say you are satisfied or dissatisfied with the way the nation is being governed?"

Just 19 percent said they are "satisfied."

During the Reagan, Bush I and Clinton administrations, Gallup's polls showed that more Americans were satisfied than were dissatisfied by the way the nation was being governed. Then, during President George W. Bush's second term, the numbers reversed.

For a brief moment shortly after the last presidential election, Gallup's data started to show some improvement in the public's opinion of government. Since late 2009, though, dissatisfaction has been on the rise again.

More at link...

Have you seen the polls on the Tea Party and Republicans in Congress?

And yet republicans still win on a generic congressional ballot in all the polls I have seen. What does that say about the Democrats in congress?

Let's see the polls you cited and I'll tell you.

Back