Muslims torch "only" 372 cars in France on New Years Eve

Little-Acorn

I don't recall seeing any reports of this last month. Maybe I just missed them?

And yes, Reuters still refuses to identify the youths as Muslims.

Does anyone (other than Reuters readers) still think Muslim immigrants and their descendants such as these, intend to join existing society rather than transform it?

---------------------------------

http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUSL0138249720080101

Cars torched over "calm" French New Year
Tue Jan 1, 2008 6:51am EST

PARIS (Reuters) - Vandals torched 372 cars as France celebrated the New Year, down on the figure last year after a night the police described as "relatively calm".

Cars are burned fairly regularly in France and the image of vehicles in flames in poor suburbs became symbolic of riots in 2005 when angry youths set fire to thousands of cars.

There is usually an increase in the number of cars torched on New Year's Eve compared to other days of the year.

"The night was relatively calm, without notable incident, there were very few direct clashes with the security forces," said a spokesman for the national police.

At 12:00 a.m. EST, the Interior Ministry said 372 vehicles had been burned -- 144 in the Paris region and 228 in the rest of France. That was down from 397 last New Year's Eve.

At the height of the 2005 riots as many as 1,400 cars were attacked in overnight violence. In protests over President Nicolas Sarkozy election last May, demonstrators set fire to 730 vehicles.

Police had stepped up their presence on French streets in anticipation of the year-end celebrations and the sale of petrol in cans was banned in some places.

Islam is violent because they live in one of the most poverty stricken regions in the world. God knows, Muslims were 10 times more peaceful than Christians in the 1200's. But violence just doesn't pop out of nowhere, and all religions are equally stupid.

Islam is violent because they live in one of the most poverty stricken regions in the world. God knows, Muslims were 10 times more peaceful than Christians in the 1200's. But violence just doesn't pop out of nowhere, and all religions are equally stupid.
This is France, Emo-Boy.

And they live like France's shit. French citizens, like Le Pen (who gathered 20% of the vote in one of the last elections) treat them like second rate dirtbags. Violence is also reciprocal.
France's "sh*t" is still not the "most poor area" of the world. You are doing it again...

:D

France's "sh*t" is still not the "most poor area" of the world. You are doing it again...

:D

They still came from it, Damo, which was the point I was trying to make. They grew up in a violent poverty stricken place, and merely moving doesn't usually get rid of it. It's OK if France doesn't want to let any more in, but it's not the fault of the religion.

They still came from it, Damo, which was the point I was trying to make. They grew up in a violent poverty stricken place, and merely moving doesn't usually get rid of it. It's OK if France doesn't want to let any more in, but it's not the fault of the religion.
They did not. Most of the violence is from the youths who were born there.

id be rioting and burning as well if i never got laid because it was against my religion.

Muslim religion was peaceful back when the men got laid.

id be rioting and burning as well if i never got laid because it was against my religion.

Muslim religion was peaceful back when the men got laid.
So that's why the Catholics made it policy to ignore the little "foibles" of the Priests...

So that's why the Catholics made it policy to ignore the little "foibles" of the Priests...

Its only in the last 200 years that the Church has begun cracking down on celibacy (bishops in the Middles Ages were like royalty, and had their concubines). Even still, in places like Africa and S. America, most priests are married, since it is considered weird for men not to be, and the Vatican turns a blind eye to it until they move beyond the priesthood into the bishopry, where they are expected to know better. You would be surprised how the Church is affected from culture to culture, because we tend to only think in terms of the American Catholic Church (both US & Canada). I was surprised to learn that kneeling is really only a big deal in Irish Catholicism (which ran the US CC for many decades with an iron fist) and that Benedictines, for example, really aren't all that into it... I mean, how can you not kneel when you pray?

Its only in the last 200 years that the Church has begun cracking down on celibacy (bishops in the Middles Ages were like royalty, and had their concubines). Even still, in places like Africa and S. America, most priests are married, since it is considered weird for men not to be, and the Vatican turns a blind eye to it until they move beyond the priesthood into the bishopry, where they are expected to know better. You would be surprised how the Church is affected from culture to culture, because we tend to only think in terms of the American Catholic Church (both US & Canada). I was surprised to learn that kneeling is really only a big deal in Irish Catholicism (which ran the US CC for many decades with an iron fist) and that Benedictines, for example, really aren't all that into it... I mean, how can you not kneel when you pray?

What about sex with children? Is that also an example of the church's cultural diversity?

Well, you stand...

Wow, that was hard. If you notice God speaks to individuals, and individuals to God using the familiar (he is the Dad) "thou" rather than the more polite "you". English doesn't use these any longer, but languages such as Russian, Spanish, etc. still do. God is famliar, close. Do you bow down to your dad when you ask him for things?

What about sex with children? Is that also an example of the church's cultural diversity?

Yeah, pretty much. Score another point for diversity. Anyway, the American Bishops have lost a lot of credibility (i.e. we don't need so much supervision from Rome, so back off!), which means the path to diocesan reform can be paved.

Yeah, pretty much. Score another point for diversity. Anyway, the American Bishops have lost a lot of credibility (i.e. we don't need so much supervision from Rome, so back off!), which means the path to diocesan reform can be paved.

No. The whole church has been a corrupt cauldron of shit from the get go.

Back