My Answer to the Mod Conclusions

Minister of Truth

Practically Perfect
Good job on banning ID. Good riddance to her.
Bad job on suspending Darla.

I don't really get along with her, and she can be so bloody annoying. But, she in no way deserves this. You guys are just being cowards, and thinking that you can appease her unbanned, remaining cohorts by appearing to punish Darla, as well.

:fu:

Good job on banning ID. Good riddance to her.
Bad job on suspending Darla.

I don't really get along with her, and she can be so bloody annoying. But, she in no way deserves this. You guys are just being cowards, and thinking that you can appease her unbanned, remaining cohorts by appearing to punish Darla, as well.

:fu:

Her banning was my idea. Its for a week. We pretty explicitly said that you cannot threaten users to with personal information. She did, she got banned for a week. Hopefully she learned from it and we won't have to repeat this again.

Now she'll really hate you. Still, if someone has a gun on you, what's wrong with telling them your friends are standing outside with semi automatics?

I think Darla will understand that she violated the rule. I don't think she will hate anyone because of the ban.

I hope this action ends the AOL War and settles the use of personal info on the boards. It has become a serious problem, much to the detriment of our virtual home.

I also know this was not done lightly. The mods gave this much thought.

I am disapointed by this action, but I am not judging it, just expressing my personal disapointment.

At this point I trust the combined judgements of the staff.

I hope Darla decides to return; she is a lively, intellegent poster.

Darla does understand the decision of the mods.

She does not hate anyone and she feels this action is fair.

She will return in one week to delight or annoy everyone.

I am sure she will be flattered by your defense of her.

I thank you on her behalf and will relay your wishes to her.

Darla does understand the decision of the mods.

She does not hate anyone and she feels this action is fair.

She will return in one week to delight or annoy everyone.

I am sure she will be flattered by your defense of her.

I thank you on her behalf and will relay your wishes to her.

I'm glad Darla understands. I think this was done carefully by the mods, to avoid any continued issues.

Now if we can keep things a bit more civil, we should all enjoy the forums more.

Back