My official and final prediction!

Jarod

Contributor
Democrats will get the HOUSE.... Finally America's long national nightmare will begin to subside.

The Senate will be VERY VERY close... I think the Repug's will keep it by one seat!

might have to wait a while to find out from what I have read, because of all the provisional and absentee ballots.

might have to wait a while to find out from what I have read, because of all the provisional and absentee ballots.
It depends on if the percentages can overturn the votes. Even in Alaska with the 7% it wouldn't have been able to in most of the districts....

Most of them (those with the largest percentage of provisional ballots) have about 2 to 3% provisional and most are not likely to play as much a part as that story stated.

Wow you know which story I read ? I am impressed.
It is very likely we read the same story...

I do know the percentages of the highest 4 because of the story that I read and am able to predict with a pretty solid accuracy that they are likely not to play as much a role as either (if they are different) story predicted.

I think that the Dims will take the House, but only by two to three seats. The Senate will remain with the Repukes.

If they get the house, they get the house. I dont' care by how many seats, the chairmanships will change, and that's what is going to make the real difference. The only thing about a two or three seat majority is that it's very easy to lose it again in two years. But that's something to worry about in two years.

The new received wisdom by the punditry is that the dems will not take the Senate. That almost gives me more hope that they will take the Senate, than I had the past two weeks when the received wisdom of the punditry was that the dems would take the Senate.

I've found that if you bet against those bloviating, overpaid absolute idiots, you do pretty well. However, every once in a blue moon, like your local weatherman, they are right. I imagine that they are as shocked to shit as anyone else when that happens.

If they get the house, they get the house. I dont' care by how many seats, the chairmanships will change, and that's what is going to make the real difference. The only thing about a two or three seat majority is that it's very easy to lose it again in two years. But that's something to worry about in two years.

The new received wisdom by the punditry is that the dems will not take the Senate. That almost gives me more hope that they will take the Senate, than I had the past two weeks when the received wisdom of the punditry was that the dems would take the Senate.

I've found that if you bet against those bloviating, overpaid absolute idiots, you do pretty well. However, every once in a blue moon, like your local weatherman, they are right. I imagine that they are as shocked to shit as anyone else when that happens.
I agree that the margin of the majority isn't particularly important. Sadly, I have to disagree about the bloviating idiots. Not that they're not bloviating and mostly immoral. They are. It's just that they're too often right.

People are predictable, in large groups.

I agree that the margin of the majority isn't particularly important. Sadly, I have to disagree about the bloviating idiots. Not that they're not bloviating and mostly immoral. They are. It's just that they're too often right.

People are predictable, in large groups.

I remember too many of them predicting a Kerry win. But maybe it's just my perception of it (take note Damo!) because they were ones who I liked and thought that they knew what they were talking about. I'm not sure.

My prediction is another (D) failure because they have no clear voice or agenda.

Please articulate the Repubican voice and agenda, going forward.

Now that we know, we were "never stay the course", even though a lot of us thought we were "stay the course" on account of always being told "we got to stay the course", but now that that has been cleared up and all of us stupid fools who were believing what we were being told know that we were "never stay the course" what is the republican plan for Iraq?

Or you know, any ole plan you know about that they got, please do share.

Please articulate the Repubican voice and agenda, going forward.

"Hey, Republicans may suck but Democrats are just as bad...or worse! Also, its all Bill Clinton's fault! Plus, the terrorists love the Democrats!"

Sadly, I must concur that the size of the Democratic wave is probably overestimated, IMO.

Voter suppression, GOP get-out-the-vote operations, and GOP kool aid will not cause enough voters to put Dems in charge of either house. I'm still predicting Dem pickups of 10-12 in the house, and 3-4 in the senate.

There are many dumb voters though and many southern, central and midwest voters that will just vote (R). Maybe that would change if the (D) had more cohesion and a national platform that was obvious. Also, less devisive party leaders would help.

No they don't.

Funny how no one seems to have noticed that. Must be hard to hear the repubs saying nothing over the din of the media constantly screaming "the dems have no plan, the dems have no plan".

But it is true. The (D) has no plan either. I think they have squandered a HUGE opportunity but I guess we'll see.

But it is true. The (D) has no plan either. I think they have squandered a HUGE opportunity but I guess we'll see.

I don't think there is any plan for Iraq. Do you know what I think the plan for Iraq is? You have the secret Repub plan which is, wait until after the election and then send in the 40 thousand additional troops the generals are saying they need. Now, that still won't work, and eventually, after many, many more deaths, the US will still withdraw from Iraq and there will still be chaos for a time after we do.

The secret dem plan is, don't send in more troops, talk about a "timetable for withdrawal". You know what the timetable is? The timetable is waiting for the day that a majority of Americans realize that there will be no stability as long as we are there, so talk of timetable is stupid, and let's just get the hell out now. And then the dems will withdraw.

There is no clean way out of Iraq. The dems know it, most of the repbs don't, but will learn it after sending in more troops and having an even bigger bloodbath. Americans are ahead of the repubs on understanding this, but not quite where the dems are yet. They will be there very shortly after bush sends the additional troops in. He might get impeached yet, but it won't be for anything he has already done.

Back