NASA says 'pulsing sound' inside Boeing Starliner has stopped, won't impact slated return

signalmankenneth

Verified User
Boeing use to stand for excellence, but when the government let these companies regulate themselves that changed as in no oversight from the government?!!

A mysterious sound heard emanating from the Boeing Starliner spacecraft has been identified as feedback from a speaker, NASA said in a statement Monday assuring the capsule's autonomous flight back to Earth is still slated to depart as early as Friday.

"The feedback from the speaker was the result of an audio configuration between the space station and Starliner," NASA said, adding that it's "common" to experience noise and feedback. The statement said the "pulsing sound" has stopped.

"The crew is asked to contact mission control when they hear sounds originating in the comm system," NASA said. "The speaker feedback Wilmore reported has no technical impact to the crew, Starliner, or station operations, including Starliner’s uncrewed undocking from the station no earlier than Friday, Sept. 6."

Word of the sound spread after audio was released of an exchange between Mission Control at Johnson Space Center in Houston and Barry “Butch” Wilmore, one of the two astronauts stuck aboard the International Space Station after the troubled Starliner flight docked in early June.

"There's a strange noise coming through the speaker ... I don't know what's making it," Wilmore said, according to Ars Technica, which first reported the exchange, citing an audio recording shared by Michigan-based meteorologist Rob Dale.

In the recording, Mission Control said they were connected and could listen to audio from inside the spacecraft. Wilmore, who boarded the Starliner, picked up the sound on his microphone. "Alright Butch, that one came through," Mission Control said. "It was kind of like a pulsing noise, almost like a sonar ping."

"I'll do it one more time, and I'll let y'all scratch your heads and see if you can figure out what's going on," Wilmore replied. "Alright, over to you. Call us if you figure it out."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nasa-astronaut-reports-strange-noise-140339139.html
1725301355510.png

It's a Fixed Price contract. We don't have to pay Boeing for cost overruns, anymore.

Speaker feedback. BFD. So your idiot nephew won't get a "do nothing", overpaid, gubment job.

Boeing use to stand for excellence, but when the government let these companies regulate themselves that changed as in no oversight from the government?!!

I heard that part of their problem was that when they absorbed McDonnell Douglas they wound up pulling in the horrifically toxic and dysfunctional corporate culture that McDonnel was known for and that was what finally took over the company top to bottom.

I heard that part of their problem was that when they absorbed McDonnell Douglas they wound up pulling in the horrifically toxic and dysfunctional corporate culture that McDonnel was known for and that was what finally took over the company top to bottom.
A big part......and that was a long time ago.....it would be very difficult to turn this company around now.

I saw a report that Boeing executives were screaming at NASA administrators when informed that Starliner has been declared not safe for humans.

Back