NASA's bad data. What do you think?

tinfoil

Banned
If you didn't hear about it, NASA had a little problem with some data lately. The figures for september were simply carried over into october for a rather large portion of data used to calculate global mean temp. This created an anomalous spike in temp that NASA declared as unprecedented until one of the deniers had a look at the data and found the "error" as NASA now calls it. They corrected the problem so the denier was correct.

My question is this...

Would such careless methods be acceptable coming from the denier camp? Why does everybody give NASA a pass on this? Don't we expect their methods to be the best possible? Do we trust everything NASA puts out from now on or do we practice a little scepticism? Careful, you might be labeled a denier.

Seriously though, I would like to hear what everyone thinks. This is not the first time NASA has had its methods questioned.

If you didn't hear about it, NASA had a little problem with some data lately. The figures for september were simply carried over into october for a rather large portion of data used to calculate global mean temp. This created an anomalous spike in temp that NASA declared as unprecedented until one of the deniers had a look at the data and found the "error" as NASA now calls it. They corrected the problem so the denier was correct.

My question is this...

Would such careless methods be acceptable coming from the denier camp? Why does everybody give NASA a pass on this? Don't we expect their methods to be the best possible? Do we trust everything NASA puts out from now on or do we practice a little scepticism? Careful, you might be labeled a denier.

Seriously though, I would like to hear what everyone thinks. This is not the first time NASA has had its methods questioned.
You are absolutely correct. If the deniers used this kind of slipshod method the alarmists would scream their collective heads off.

Back