National Championship Game

leaningright

Moderate Republican
Staff member
If I was rooting for anyone in this game it had to be Auburn, though I am not particularly enthralled with the SEC. But watching that game, if Brent Musberger wasn't talking like an SEC/Auburn shill all evening I'll eat your hat. Even at the end when it was over he was talking about Auburn. A 4 team playoff will be welcome and if I don't have to listen to him and Herbstriet call another game I'll be thrilled.

I listened on the radio, and the guys covering were all for Jameis and FSU. Didn't notice much during the first 10 minutes or so that I caught on TV. :D

ACC! ACC! ACC! Just kidding. Great game but I could have done without the many comparisons to the Texas-USC game and the Vince Young end zone. It's eight years later and hearing that still makes me feel like I'm being stabbed in the gut.

If I was rooting for anyone in this game it had to be Auburn, though I am not particularly enthralled with the SEC. But watching that game, if Brent Musberger wasn't talking like an SEC/Auburn shill all evening I'll eat your hat. Even at the end when it was over he was talking about Auburn. A 4 team playoff will be welcome and if I don't have to listen to him and Herbstriet call another game I'll be thrilled.
It's not their fault. They are only protecting ESPN's billion dollar investment in the SEC.

ACC! ACC! ACC! Just kidding. Great game but I could have done without the many comparisons to the Texas-USC game and the Vince Young end zone. It's eight years later and hearing that still makes me feel like I'm being stabbed in the gut.
You still have to feel good that the SEC mythology has gone out with the BCS. Both SEC BCS Bowl teams got spanked! :)

FSU was stunned in the first half, they had never faced anything like Auburn. They got it together and won, they were the better team, but they Auburn was the best they ever faced.

they lost three of the four where an SEC team played a quality opponent....

Nebraska over GA
OK over 'Buma
FSU over Auburn

SC did take out Wisconsin
Well keep in mind I'm not saying the SEC sucks. Clearly they don't. I'm just saying they're not any better than the other six power conferences. Some years a conference might be the better conference in the nation but that always changes from year to year. This pretty much proves it.

Well keep in mind I'm not saying the SEC sucks. Clearly they don't. I'm just saying they're not any better than the other six power conferences. Some years a conference might be the better conference in the nation but that always changes from year to year. This pretty much proves it.

Which is what I like about college football...on any given Saturday.....your not really sure about how several games are going to come out!

....but unless you let them play, you won't ever know. Even then, one team could have a good day or get lucky, and one game would not tell you much....

Which is what I like about college football...on any given Saturday.....your not really sure about how several games are going to come out!
Agreed!

It will still be interesting to see how the 4 team playoff works out. If there's a non-conf champ in it I'll be hugely dissapointed.

Back