natural born citizen

Don Quixote

cancer survivor
Contributor
there is a group of reps that think that bho is not a natural born citizen and want the state of hawaii to produce his birth certificate

i rather doubt the validity of their claim, but it would be interesting to find out what would happen if the claim is sustained :pke: - would bidden become president?

or just plain chaos for a while

would it go to the house to vote for a president?

If the electors voted for Obama their votes would be invalidated and the next person would be elected - McCain.

Most likely they would already be instructed to vote for Biden rather than Obama in the president slot.

Another reason to abolish the stupidity of the electoral college and the racist nativity requirement.

This is currently being discussed in the conspiracy forum bit, but i'm too lazy to post a link.

there is a group of reps that think that bho is not a natural born citizen and want the state of hawaii to produce his birth certificate

i rather doubt the validity of their claim, but it would be interesting to find out what would happen if the claim is sustained :pke: - would bidden become president?

It would go into the pages of Mother Goose.

At what point do republicans like this grow up?

Actually, the main mover in this is a Democrat lawyer who supported the HillBilly clan.

The world may never know:

WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court has turned down an emergency appeal from a New Jersey man who says President-elect Barack Obama is ineligible to be president because he was a British subject at birth.

The court did not comment on its order Monday rejecting the call by Leo Donofrio of East Brunswick, N.J., to intervene in the presidential election. Donofrio says that since Obama had dual nationality at birth — his mother was American and his Kenyan father at the time was a British subject — he cannot possibly be a "natural born citizen," one of the requirements the Constitution lists for eligibility to be president.

Oh, and Justice Thomas is either really awesome for toying with the emotions of the freaks or is just a plain old jackass. I've yet to decide.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28111773/

They threw it out once already, I believe. He may have refiled but it's a formality at this point.
At least one other appeal over Obama's citizenship remains at the court. Philip J. Berg of Lafayette Hill, Pa., argues that Obama was born in Kenya, not Hawaii as Obama says and the Hawaii secretary of state has confirmed. Berg says Obama also may be a citizen of Indonesia, where he lived as a boy. Federal courts in Pennsylvania have dismissed Berg's lawsuit.

From your link. And Pennsylvania dismissed it because they said he had no standing to bring the suit. The SCOTUS has yet to address this one. I think it is the last one at this level.

Did you know that the VP candidate has to bring their proof of eligibility before the Electoral College before they vote? Bush used his passport both times.

Yeah, I don't think the electors would even get a chance to vote for BO if he weren't a natural born citizen. They'd have to switch their votes to Biden or another contender - it would be a little crazy, as it would be the only time in US history the electoral college would actually have to make a decision.

Back