NCAAFB National Championship teams

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
If the 4 team NCG were to start this year, which four teams would you choose if you were a member of the selection committee?

My choices, in order of seeding are;

#1. FSU
#2. MSU
#3. Auburn
#4. Baylor

Which would then pair off FSU vs Baylor and MSU vs Auborn.

My reasons for selections and seeding are:

#1. FSU. Conference Champ ACC. Best record in Div 1. Undefeated. 2nd best offense in the country. #1. Defense.
#2. MSU. Conference Champ Big 10. Tied for second best record in Div1. Only 1 loss. 4th best defense and #61 in offense.
#3. Auburn. Conference Champ SEC. Tied for second best record n Div1. Only 1 loss. Two freak plays away from not even being in the discussion. 37th in defense and #12 in offense.
#4. Baylor. Conference Champ Big 12. Tied for 5th best record in Div1. Only 1 loss. Best offense in the nation. #20 defense.

Note - If Baylor had won a conference championship game and was 12-1 I would have seeded them #2.
Note2 - Auburns two incredibly lucky wins hurt them in the seeding.

Poor Bastards who didn't make it.

OSU - Sorry guys. You're tied for second best record in the nation but you didn't win your conference.
Stanford - Sorry guys. You did win your conference but you lost two games, one to a very mediocre Utah.
UCF - Sorry guys. But the American Athletic Conference (AKA The Big East) is officially now a mid major conference but if we had an 8 team tournament you'd be in! :)
Mizzou - Sorry guys. 2 losses and not winning your conference means you don't get to play.

Can't argue with that. Looks like a solid line-up. Stanford further embarrassed itself when it fended off a third loss by lying down on the field.

Bama would beat 3&4 by 14
Well they sure as hell didn't beat #3 when it counted. So spare me the bogus arguments.

Bama didn't even win their division, let alone their conference. They are not, nor should be, in the discussion. Not with a four team tournament.

Last edited:
OSU is wildly over rated. They will Have trouble with Clemson.
I disagree. Clemson is wildly over rated. Hell they could barely manage to beat Georgia who got ass raped by a very mediocre Nebraska team. OSU will do just fine against Clemson. Clemson's defense is no where near as good as OSU's defense and OSU's offense is better than Clemsons. Is OSU a top 5 team? Yea...they probably are. Are they a national champion caliber team? Probably not.

Overall Clemson is about of a similiar caliber as Wisconsion. Our defense will struggle some against their offense but OSU's offense will anihilate Clemsons defense.

So if we had the 4 team playoff this year and it isn't a scam like the BCS than FSU would probably be playing MSU for the national championship.

So Auburn hung in there with FSU and led the vast majority of the game before losing, and you don't give them any credit?

People will still cry they should have gotten in
It could easily be way worse than the BCS which obviously got it right nearly every time

I disagree. Clemson is wildly over rated. Hell they could barely manage to beat Georgia who got ass raped by a very mediocre Nebraska team. OSU will do just fine against Clemson. Clemson's defense is no where near as good as OSU's defense and OSU's offense is better than Clemsons. Is OSU a top 5 team? Yea...they probably are. Are they a national champion caliber team? Probably not.

Overall Clemson is about of a similiar caliber as Wisconsion. Our defense will struggle some against their offense but OSU's offense will anihilate Clemsons defense.

ROFLMAO

Back