Nearly 125 Shot Dead In Chicago Over Summer

RockX

Banned
Total Is About Double The Death Toll In Iraq

CHICAGO (CBS) ― An estimated 123 people were shot and killed over the summer. That's nearly double the number of soldiers killed in Iraq over the same time period.

In May, cbs2chicago.com began tracking city shootings and posting them on Google maps. Information compiled from our reporters, wire service reports and the Chicago Police Major Incidents log indicated that 123 people were shot and killed throughout the city between the start of Memorial Day weekend on May 26, and the end of Labor Day on Sept. 1.

According to the Defense Department, 65 soldiers were killed in combat in Iraq. About the same number were killed in Afghanistan over that same period.

In the same time period, an estimated 245 people were shot and wounded in the city.

LOL

It's a quagmire! Time to pull out of the windy city!

Send in the community organizers, calling Mr. B. Hussein Obama

how many chicago residents have lost an arm or a leg though? Or look like this guy:

cover.jpg

I love how he qualifies it with "soldiers". It reminds me of the end of one Onion new broadcast, where they tell us "The equivalent of five Americans were killed in Iraq today."

What a stupid comparison. What are there a couple hundred thousand ARMED SOLDIERS in Iraq. Meanwhile the CIVILIAN population of Chicago is nearly 3 million.

Yup that's why you said this:

"LOL

Send in the community organizers, calling Mr. B. Hussein Obama"

Total Is About Double The Death Toll In Iraq

CHICAGO (CBS) ― An estimated 123 people were shot and killed over the summer. That's nearly double the number of soldiers killed in Iraq over the same time period.

In May, cbs2chicago.com began tracking city shootings and posting them on Google maps. Information compiled from our reporters, wire service reports and the Chicago Police Major Incidents log indicated that 123 people were shot and killed throughout the city between the start of Memorial Day weekend on May 26, and the end of Labor Day on Sept. 1.

According to the Defense Department, 65 soldiers were killed in combat in Iraq. About the same number were killed in Afghanistan over that same period.

In the same time period, an estimated 245 people were shot and wounded in the city.

LOL

Send in the community organizers, calling Mr. B. Hussein Obama

Hmm, not lets extrapolate that number to the total number of residents that live in Chicago and see if on a per capita basis it's still safer than Iraq. I'm guessing it probably will be.

Only 245 wounded though? I wonder if that compares with Iraq.

Back