New bailout plan

uscitizen

Villified User
Buoild one trillion dollars worth of homes and sell them to low to moderate income families at cost. with good loan qualifications fo course and no arm.
Think of the jobs boost and the govt would get all their money back.
Now these would be modest homes and not compete with the mCMansions sitting unsold.

USC, if we literally just went and built a trillion dollars worth of homes we wouldn't have any room left and most of them would be empty.

USC, if we literally just went and built a trillion dollars worth of homes we wouldn't have any room left and most of them would be empty.

It takes time to build 1 trillion dollars worth of homes. this is a long term fix, not an instant gratification fix.

You're right USC. Let's just mortage people out of the home they're in, leave those homes empty, and put them in shitty government built homes.

You're right USC. Let's just mortage people out of the home they're in, leave those homes empty, and put them in shitty government built homes.

Nope this would be a first time homebuyer thing or for those who lost their homes but can qualify for the loan on a smaller home with more strignent qualifications and no arms.

They can have legs though.

Nope this would be a first time homebuyer thing or for those who lost their homes but can qualify for the loan on a smaller home with more strignent qualifications and no arms.

They can have legs though.

I would support a social housing policy, USC.

But it will never happen in America. I am not going to waste my time on it.

I would support a social housing policy, USC.

But it will never happen in America. I am not going to waste my time on it.

No it will not happen, That is part of our problems.

We are top down driven economic wise. It is more sustainable if driven from the bottom up.

Build one trillion dollars worth of homes and sell them to low to moderate income families at cost. with good loan qualifications fo course and no arm.
Think of the jobs boost and the govt would get all their money back.
Now these would be modest homes and not compete with the mCMansions sitting unsold.
Some people are just plain born to rent. Bad idea.

Some people are just plain born to rent. Bad idea.

Just because of some all of it is a bad deal ?
I think the long term results would be better than the curent bailout concept.
The current bailout only would help credit. and consumers have too much credit now. They need better paying jobs. Well that and better finiancial sense. But then our finiancail and govt leaders suffer from a major defficieny in that area as well.

Back