New Hampshire decriminalizes

KY has been given a mandate to reduce their prison costs/population. I wonder how this will turn out....

I can see Bush threatening to cut off fed money for not enforcing federal drug laws.

he'll be out soon enough. Its also got a racial twist as a far higher percentage of black youth get jailed compaired to white crackers.

Plenty more clueless ashholes where Bush came from. And I am not talking about the republican party either.

Good to see some sanity in a legislature. My own state did this many years ago but now and again the weak-kneed politicians here succumb to a moral panic and start limiting the amount for simple personal possession and cranking up the fines, but at least there's no direct prison time. The prohibition on cannabis is so bloody stupid that I don't know where to start.

I don't use it, I don't even smoke tobacco, but prohibition of cannabis is bloody ridiculous.

KY has been given a mandate to reduce their prison costs/population. I wonder how this will turn out....

I can see Bush threatening to cut off fed money for not enforcing federal drug laws.

Do federal drug laws mandate jail time?

If not, then NH's solution would work in KY as well.

Do federal drug laws mandate jail time?

If not, then NH's solution would work in KY as well.

You could get busted by feds for having it on you, but feds don't generally do roadblocks and car searches and stuff like that which is likely to turn up a small time cannibis user. The state police wouldn't be able to do anything, because they're following a different set of rules.

I'm pretty sure the NH legislature will frown on acreages of cannabis :clink:

well i was more thinking potential place to have a vacation home. Where i live is only about 1 hour ride to NH border and max of 2 hours to the lake region. I could do a nice lake house or something.

well i was more thinking potential place to have a vacation home. Where i live is only about 1 hour ride to NH border and max of 2 hours to the lake region. I could do a nice lake house or something.

You may want to hold off on those plans. The bill passed the house, but doesn't appear likely to pass the Senate and the Governor said he plans to veto it if it does.

Apparently topper is under the impression that NH has a unicameral legislature with no chief executive.

well thats the least of my worries.. IM just looking for a good investment. My mortgage interest is less then 50% of my payments now so im losing allot of Mortgage interest write off.

Its a sluggish property market..

Put 2 and 2 together.

Good to see some sanity in a legislature. My own state did this many years ago but now and again the weak-kneed politicians here succumb to a moral panic and start limiting the amount for simple personal possession and cranking up the fines, but at least there's no direct prison time. The prohibition on cannabis is so bloody stupid that I don't know where to start.

I don't use it, I don't even smoke tobacco, but prohibition of cannabis is bloody ridiculous.

Well it does have one good side. It's kept the production of weed out of the hands of corporations that surely would have weakened the strains in order to avoid possible litigation. The black market brings us the best weed possible. Yes, it's more expensive than if it was legal, but damn that's some killer shit!

Well it does have one good side. It's kept the production of weed out of the hands of corporations that surely would have weakened the strains in order to avoid possible litigation. The black market brings us the best weed possible. Yes, it's more expensive than if it was legal, but damn that's some killer shit!

Can I use an analogy? Okay, thanks I will :D

Opal mining. Opal is a desirable material. While it exists in other parts of the world we have a heap of it here in Australia. Because of the nature of opal and where it's located and how it's located (in sandstone and ironstone) it can only be mined by hand (machinery is used for tunnelling but when you hit opal you need a pick, a torch and your eyesight and fingers to get it). Opal mining is done usually by a couple of miners working a claim. If the big mining corporations had a clue as to how they could do it in a highly industrialised way they would but nature has kept them out of the opal mining business. So a unique culture continues to exist and thrive.

Cannabis - at least here - grows very easily. An individual with a back yard can grow enough for their own needs and wouldn't need to go to a commercial producer and distributor. It would be a cottage industry, a boutique effort, just like opal mining.

I suppose I just like seeing mega corps jumping up and down in frustration.

Corporations could always mass-produce it, they'd probably weaken it, and that's probably how most people would be introduced to it, but you could always grow your own.

Back