new header is ugly

awww damo you didnt have to change it just for me.... maybe other people liked it.

i hope i didn't hurt your feelings :(

well seriously i am one person
I plan on setting a rotation, give people more than one thing to see... At least until I settle on something that I really like. I just can't quite picture what I want. Of course, you could create and send me some choices if you really wanted.

maybe.. the other option is letting people choose a header.
Not as easy as you might think to do... They can already select the "no images" option to get rid of all images on the site...

how do you think themes work on this site damo?

have some php where it checks the db for the image file chosen by a user... then display. easy.

Not this particular image. This one is embedded into the CP as a set choice. Other than setting different ones for the different styles there is no option for them to choose the header.

If you look, in every case where I could give the users a choice, I have. Why do you think I would be all set on this one? Give me some benefit of the doubt man...

oh i am not doubting you as far as your honesty...

I am just letting you know it can be done (and it can)

Just modify the cp file itself.. make some tweaks.

Maybe you should use a painting? From, for instance, Picasso's blue period. maybe "the old guitarist", which is very beautiful. Not political, but it'll save you a lot trying to come up with actual graphic art, and it can be considered more a background thing than anything.

Now that's an idea... The thinker thinking about JPP.com maybe? With Socrates agreeing? That sounds more like an ad though.

it doesn't even have to be specifically political.. try to find a symbol or image that has to do with free thought and expression, liberty, reason, logic, virtue, etc..

Hmmm... Sounds like a good contest... what could I offer as incentive? a jpp domain e-mail address maybe?...

Back