New Libyan Government Announces Official Sharia Law

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Shariah+declaration+raises+concerns+Libya/5597431/story.html

Sharia Law is now the basis for all legislature...

"Any law that violates Shariah is null and void legally," he said, citing as an example the law on marriage passed during the slain dictator's 42-year tenure that imposed restrictions on polygamy, which is permitted in Islam.

Boy, that was so unforeseeable... nobody could have predicted that the Muslim Brotherhood might take over and make Sharia Law the law of the land... Well, nobody except pretty much everybody not sipping Obama's bathwater.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Shariah+declaration+raises+concerns+Libya/5597431/story.html

Boy, that was so unforeseeable... nobody could have predicted that the Muslim Brotherhood might take over and make Sharia Law the law of the land... Well, nobody except pretty much everybody not sipping Obama's bathwater.

*sigh*...read their constitution Damo... and this should be merged with IDs tread in current events.

And sigh all you want Billy...

This is what people who live there have to say:

Many Libyans awaiting Sunday's historic speech expressed surprise at the decision by the National Transitional Council leader to mention the role of Shariah law in the new country before addressing such important issues as security and education.

"It's shocking and insulting to state, after thousands of Libyans have paid for freedom with their lives, that the priority of the new leadership is to allow men to marry in secret," said Rim, 40, a Libyan feminist who requested anonymity.

Friends, Wall Street Occupiers, should we walk like Egyptians? Or Libyans? What will the hyper-conservative administration of the Obama-Boehner, Democratic-Republican coalition force us to do?

And sigh all you want Billy...

This is what people who live there have to say:
That's what one person has to say. And she should read their new constitution as well. Women are potected very well. Of course, should the government ignore the constitution they just wrote, ill join you in criticism, but until such time, you're jumpin the gun.

That's what one person has to say. And she should read their new constitution as well. Women are potected very well. Of course, should the government ignore the constitution they just wrote, ill join you in criticism, but until such time, you're jumpin the gun.

Fair enough...

IMO, The example that "fearless leader" gave is already enough to cause pause, but then okay. I'll wait. You and McCain are enough for me to have some patience before I say, "As people predicted, Sharia Law will prevail..."

Fair enough...

IMO, The example that "fearless leader" gave is already enough to cause pause, but then okay. I'll wait. You and McCain are enough for me to have some patience before I say, "As people predicted, Sharia Law will prevail..."

This post is hysterical. This should be nominated for Post of the Week...though it's still early of course.

Fair enough...

McCain, I am dying...you still listen to Al Z. Heimer...good Lord.

There are degree of Sharia, like there are degrees of Islam. It wiil not be the same laws enforced by the Saudis. It will be more like Eygpt.

This post is hysterical. This should be nominated for Post of the Week...though it's still early of course.

My sarcasm was that apparent? I was trying to be subtle.

I don't think that announcing Sharia Law to be "immediately" enforced is a good thing, even if Billy and McCain say it is okay.

There are degree of Sharia, like there are degrees of Islam. It wiil not be the same laws enforced by the Saudis. It will be more like Eygpt.

Another place that will likely be more like the "Saudis" than you believe they will...

Back