New McCain ad, old strategy

Onceler

Just keep repeating the same lies over & over again, and they eventually become true:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

Obama campaign calls McCain ad a 'lie'
Posted: 01:47 PM ET

New McCain television ad claims Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin stopped the “Bridge to Nowhere”.
(CNN) – The presidential campaigns of Barack Obama and John McCain are sparring over a new television ad claiming Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin stopped the “Bridge to Nowhere” — the infamous $400 million congressional earmark that became the ultimate symbol of excessive pork-barrel spending.

My favorite part is at the end of the article, when the McCain spokesman says “The only people ‘lying’ about spending are the Obama campaign. The only explanation for their hysterical attacks is that they’re afraid that when John McCain and Sarah Palin are in the White House, Barack Obama’s nearly $1 billion in earmark spending will stop dead in its tracks."

Call them on a lie, and it's an "hysterical attack." These are the groundrules.

Mcain's bump will fizzle soon enough.
that shit is redicoulus. He should applaud Obama for wanting to cut wastefull spending anywhere he may find it. Mcfossil is still desparate and should get back to issues before he gets tied back the the republican old guard.

Just keep repeating the same lies over & over again, and they eventually become true:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

Obama campaign calls McCain ad a 'lie'
Posted: 01:47 PM ET

New McCain television ad claims Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin stopped the “Bridge to Nowhere”.
(CNN) – The presidential campaigns of Barack Obama and John McCain are sparring over a new television ad claiming Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin stopped the “Bridge to Nowhere” — the infamous $400 million congressional earmark that became the ultimate symbol of excessive pork-barrel spending.

My favorite part is at the end of the article, when the McCain spokesman says “The only people ‘lying’ about spending are the Obama campaign. The only explanation for their hysterical attacks is that they’re afraid that when John McCain and Sarah Palin are in the White House, Barack Obama’s nearly $1 billion in earmark spending will stop dead in its tracks."

Call them on a lie, and it's an "hysterical attack." These are the groundrules.

I think that really, if we had given this any thought, we could have seen this coming. We thought that the bush years had taught a lesson about lying. But what it actually did teach the republicans was – the more blatant the lie, the more you keep repeating it with a straight face and it takes years, literally years, before the lie will catch up to you.

At this point I think that they enjoy it. They know they are driving anyone who pays attention crazy with the blatant outright lying, and it gives them pleasure.

And the media for the most part gives them a free pass.

Anyone who calls them out on the lies is labeled a left wing tool like Olberman.

"At this point I think that they enjoy it. They know they are driving anyone who pays attention crazy with the blatant outright lying, and it gives them pleasure."

Yeah; I'd agree with that. I was amazed that they'd call the Obama campaign "hysterical" for just pointing it out, but that's really just getting the word out that if you DO decide to challenge them on a lie, they'll come back at you tenfold.

You bring a knife, and they'll bring a gun - it's the Chicago way, except Obama doesn't seem to be hip to it yet.

And the media for the most part gives them a free pass.

Anyone who calls them out on the lies is labeled a left wing tool like Olberman.

Desh give up on the media. They’re not riding in to save anybody. Every single one of them benefit directly from Republican tax policy. And that’s just the on-air talent.

But then that would mena they are not liberal biased Darla?

They're not, and it's silly to keep saying they are. When you press anyone who accuses them of this, they always come up with only the same 2-3 examples (and 2 of those just got fired from their anchor job).

Part of it is what Darla said about them benefitting from GOP policies, and part of it is the rest of them running scared. Howard Fineman told a chilling story the other night about how an "anonymous" Republican tried to intimidate him out of running a story. They scream "liberal bias" at any reporter who dares look into Palin's record, or question McCain's policy shifts since 2006.

These are dark times, media-wise. Thank God for the internet...

"At this point I think that they enjoy it. They know they are driving anyone who pays attention crazy with the blatant outright lying, and it gives them pleasure."

Yeah; I'd agree with that. I was amazed that they'd call the Obama campaign "hysterical" for just pointing it out, but that's really just getting the word out that if you DO decide to challenge them on a lie, they'll come back at you tenfold.

You bring a knife, and they'll bring a gun - it's the Chicago way, except Obama doesn't seem to be hip to it yet.

Well, I thought that at the end of the primary too though, but he won. You know, I think Obama's going to win this election.

She’s a lying white trash lady. That’s all she is, lying, undereducated, small town scheming white trash. But you can't say that. I'll even take heat for saying it here.

My personal opinion is she is being given wayyyy too much attention. That’s the mistake everyone is making. I’d dismiss her. You notice I don’t’ even answer the bs people like dix and even sf are peddling. She’s self-evidently not even remotely qualified to be one heart beat away, period. You don’t debate that. You simply move forward as if that is a given.

The question is – do you want John McCain as your president? I think the answer to that question is, no.

But then that would mena they are not liberal biased Darla?

LOL. Desh we've known that for years! Repukes themselves have admitted it, on record, and talked about how beneficial it is to keep working the refs anyway. Only R hacks believe that anymore.

They're not, and it's silly to keep saying they are. When you press anyone who accuses them of this, they always come up with only the same 2-3 examples (and 2 of those just got fired from their anchor job).

Part of it is what Darla said about them benefitting from GOP policies, and part of it is the rest of them running scared. Howard Fineman told a chilling story the other night about how an "anonymous" Republican tried to intimidate him out of running a story. They scream "liberal bias" at any reporter who dares look into Palin's record, or question McCain's policy shifts since 2006.

These are dark times, media-wise. Thank God for the internet...

Really I didn't see the Fineman story, that's interesting. Yeah they are total thugs, I should have added that.

Well, I thought that at the end of the primary too though, but he won. You know, I think Obama's going to win this election.

She’s a lying white trash lady. That’s all she is, lying, undereducated, small town scheming white trash. But you can't say that. I'll even take heat for saying it here.

My personal opinion is she is being given wayyyy too much attention. That’s the mistake everyone is making. I’d dismiss her. You notice I don’t’ even answer the bs people like dix and even sf are peddling. She’s self-evidently not even remotely qualified to be one heart beat away, period. You don’t debate that. You simply move forward as if that is a given.

The question is – do you want John McCain as your president? I think the answer to that question is, no.

Wow talk about a jeoulus hussie:clink:

So... she is undereducated because she graduated from the University of Idaho?

How is she 'white trash'???

Obama is self-evidently not even remotely qualified to be the CIC, let alone a heart beat away. You don't debate that. You simply move forward as if that is a given.

Darla is in a spasmic hizzy of rage that cons and plenty independents think Palin is the Chosen One. Hillarious

A man with the same qualifications Palin has would have never gotten the slot.

Isn't this the same type of comment Geraldine Ferrara (sp?) made about Obama that she got railed on for and called a racist?

Back