New respect for Damn Yankee

• Thread starter Thread starter Guns Guns Guns
  • Start date Start date
G

Guns Guns Guns

While researching the reactions of the 'wiener-Weiner' conservatard crowing cabal, I wondered about their positions on John Ensign's equally scummy behavior.
Most of the righties attempted to deflect (but, Mommy, Clinton/Edwards/Kennedy screwed around too, Mommy!).

Others used their own tactics to excuse Ensign, even though they would later bay for Weiner's blood.

Dalai Damocles danced:

Best to admit it before it gets aired for you. I don't like him, he wears the pray-more badge too proudly. However an affair isn't necessarily quite the hypocrisy that you get from toe-tapping in men's rooms. All people fail, it is how you act afterward that is important.

Lil' Annie Fannie's knee-jerk defense of the C Street scumbag was no surprise:

He had an affair, AFTER he separated from his wife. It was with a MARRIED staffer, friend, whose husband was also a staffer. He broke off the affair while reconciling with his wife. Would have been end of story, but blackmail reared head. So he went public.
His bad: affair with married staffer and friend.

His good: ended and told wife about it with reconciliation. When blackmail attempt made, went public.

Blabo blustered:

Marry your whore..??? Some know more about that others...
anyway, it all reminds me of....lol... like getting blow jobs from interns and harassing/sexually assaulting women like Kathleen Willey ..He was your dirtbag and hypocrite...and those of you that defended him are also....

Only Damn Yankee applied the same standards to a Republican that he applied to Weiner, and for that he deserves respect.

Here I'll say something you'll never hear a Democrat say: Even though the guy is with my party what he did was inexcusable and he should resign.

It would be best to consider what I said about Weiner as well as my quote about Ensign. Can you tell me what my position was on Weiner and whether he should resign? I'll give you a hint: I didn't say that Weiner should resign.

It seems that the standards I apply are evenly applied. Are yours?

It would be best to consider what I said about Weiner as well as my quote about Ensign. Can you tell me what my position was on Weiner and whether he should resign? I'll give you a hint: I didn't say that Weiner should resign. It seems that the standards I apply are evenly applied. Are yours?

You somehow confined yourself to gloating over Weiner in numerous threads, thereby preserving the sanctimonious shred of impartiality for which you are known.

I didn't see you making lots of Ensign jokes. Guess his name didn't lend itself to puerile japes.

Now, tell me I'm 'odd' and advise me to 'have fun with that' as you dance.

trolldance200op2.gif

You somehow confined yourself to gloating over Weiner in numerous threads, thereby preserving the sanctimonious shred of impartiality for which you are known.

I didn't see you making lots of Ensign jokes. Guess his name didn't lend itself to puerile japes.

Now, tell me I'm 'odd' and advise me to 'have fun with that' as you dance.

trolldance200op2.gif

So, when something is funny I shouldn't joke about it or Rootbeer will quote me in some nonsense thread?

I'll let you go on wit' your bad self and keep on keepin' on then. The reality is my position was this: I don't care, he isn't my Congressman and his constituents are the ones that need to make that kind of decision...

Oddly enough, that is the same position I had for Vitter and Ensign, not for Craig though, dude was convicted, he needed to leave.

No doubt that DY has morals and principles. The only problem is that the principles he based his morals on are wrong.

Back