New York, New York!

Cancel 2016.2

The Almighty
http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2008/08/neighbor-says-t.html

"Neighbors ignored a dying woman's cries for help early Saturday morning in New York City, newspapers report.

Ebony Garcia, 21, was stabbed after midnight at her cousin's apartment in College Point, N.Y.

A neighbor tells the Daily News that she collapsed on the sidewalk and screamed for help from neighbors and passing cars. Newsday says at least three people eventually called police, but it was too little too late.

Garcia died after police found her "lying in a pool of blood," the N.Y. Post reports. "One neighbor said she heard Garcia screaming for 35 minutes but ignored the cries because she thought the victim was drunk," the paper says.

Homicide detectives are hunting for the woman's ex-boyfriend."

Wow... always good to see people looking out for one another.

Read up on Kitty Genovese. She was attacked and stabbed over the period of about half an hour. Reports vary, but between 12 and 38 people admit to hearing her cries for help.

One man called the police.

Ms. Genovese died enroute to the hospital.

"Neighbors ignored a dying woman's cries for help early Saturday morning in New York City, newspapers report.

Ebony Garcia, 21, was stabbed after midnight at her cousin's apartment in College Point, N.Y.

A neighbor tells the Daily News that she collapsed on the sidewalk and screamed for help from neighbors and passing cars. Newsday says at least three people eventually called police, but it was too little too late.

Garcia died after police found her "lying in a pool of blood," the N.Y. Post reports. "One neighbor said she heard Garcia screaming for 35 minutes but ignored the cries because she thought the victim was drunk," the paper says.

Wow ... Superfreak pretends to care about other people...

I guess we should give him a fake sympathy award....

How about Hero of the Day?

CK

SF, things like this have been documented in highly populated societies since the beginning of time. Whenever a lot of people are near one another they start to ignore one another. Sometimes this leads to tragedies where they ignore big things. People seem to never lose the ability to outrage at each occurrence of this well documented, widely known effect, though, and blame it on political stances. Acting like its a problem with the society in question, whenever it's actually a problem with human nature, is disingenous.

SF, things like this have been documented in highly populated societies since the beginning of time. Whenever a lot of people are near one another they start to ignore one another. Sometimes this leads to tragedies where they ignore big things. People seem to never lose the ability to outrage at each occurrence of this well documented, widely known effect, though, and blame it on political stances. Acting like its a problem with the society in question, whenever it's actually a problem with human nature, is disingenous.

You really should learn to read emo boy....

Thank you for playing the role of Captain Obvious today though. I am sure it was helpful to someone. I did not blame this on anyone other than society. I saw the story and posted it as yet another example of what you mentioned. The lack of compassion in society where people feel they just cannot be bothered by the plight of a stranger.

I will point these out when I see them as a reminder of what we all SHOULD do when someone calls out for our help. The minimum should be to check to see what the problem is.

You really should learn to read emo boy....

Thank you for playing the role of Captain Obvious today though. I am sure it was helpful to someone. I did not blame this on anyone other than society. I saw the story and posted it as yet another example of what you mentioned. The lack of compassion in society where people feel they just cannot be bothered by the plight of a stranger.

I will point these out when I see them as a reminder of what we all SHOULD do when someone calls out for our help. The minimum should be to check to see what the problem is.

Just like how you pointed out that the Iraqi people didnt want to get killed by Saddam or Bush's military....

CK

Back