New York Times poll sounds fresh alarms as Biden vows to stay in race

ExpressLane

Verified User

New York Times poll sounds fresh alarms as Biden vows to stay in race

Former President Trump is leading President Biden 49% to 43% among likely voters in the latest New York Times/Siena College polla three-point swing for Trump since the debate, and his largest lead in the survey since 2015.
Why it matters: Perhaps no single poll carries more weight among Democratic elites, who have spent the last week panicking over whether Biden should withdraw from the race after his disastrous debate performance.

• The highly anticipated, post-debate poll detonated in the same hour that Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris dialed into a campaign call to try to reassure staffers about the state of Biden's candidacy.
  • "I am running. I am the leader of the Democratic Party. No one is pushing me out. I've been knocked down before and counted out my whole life. When you get knocked down you get back up," a defiant Biden said on the call.
Zoom in: The poll, conducted by telephone from June 28 to July 2, found Trump's lead is even bigger — 49% to 41% — among registered voters.

• 74% of voters overall believe Biden is too old to be an effective president, up five points since before the debate.
  • That includes 79% of independent voters, 59% of Democrats, and a majority of every demographic, geographic and ideological group surveyed.
The intrigue: More voters overall believe Biden should remain the nominee — but that's driven in part by Republicans, who likely see Biden as a wounded opponent.....

======================================

Run Joe Biden Run :cheer:

1720035029758-png.1595649

Now, even the BostonGlobe is saying… “Why Biden Should Step Aside.”

The Boston Globe!

New York Post:

“With Biden’s Political Future Dead, Dems Need to Reach Grief’s Final Stage-...Acceptance.”

The NY Post!

Back