Next Mexican president : Claudia Sheinbaum

Guno צְבִי

We fight, We win
Claudia Sheinbaum Pardo was born to a secular Jewish family in Mexico City. Her paternal Ashkenazi grandparents emigrated from Lithuania to Mexico City in the 1920s, while her maternal Sephardic grandparents emigrated there from Plovdiv, Bulgaria, in the early 1940s to escape the Holocaust. She celebrated all the Jewish holidays at her grandparents' homes.

Both of her parents are scientists: her mother, Annie Pardo Cemo [es], is a biologist and professor emeritus of the Faculty of Sciences at the National Autonomous University of Mexico, and her father, Carlos Sheinbaum Yoselevitz [es], was a chemical engineer.

Sheinbaum completed the work for her PhD thesis in the four years between 1991 and 1994 at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in California.

Head of Government of Mexico City

Sheinbaum was elected as the Head of Government of Mexico City in 2018, becoming the first woman to hold the position. During her tenure, she focused on issues such as transportation, education, and environmental sustainability. She has also been a strong advocate for women’s rights and has worked to combat violence against women.

Presidential Candidacy

In June 2023, Sheinbaum announced her candidacy for the 2024 Mexican presidential election. She is running on a platform that emphasizes education, clean energy, and combating violence against women. If elected, she would be the first woman to hold the office of President of Mexico.

This would be more impressive if the drug cartels did not control about 35% of the country....and growing.

I’ll put my ignorance on display (once again), and admit I paid no attention to this election. So I know nothing about this woman, other than that she is apparently Jewish and liberal, nor do I know who her opponent (s?) was.

What did she run on that differentiated her from the competition?

We shall see if she is a decent Mexican - or a further embarrassment to decent Jews;

mexica.jpg

She said she won't fight cartels directly. So, they paid her off?
"She has said she would continue Mr. López Obrador’s policy of addressing the drivers of violence instead of waging war on the criminal groups, but will also work to lower rates of impunity and build up the national guard.

Did you follow the race at all?
Did you follow the race at all? What was her position towards the cartels compared to her opponents?

What was her position towards the cartels compared to her opponents?
I have spasmodically over the last few months. She is decidedly leftwing and ultra woke as far as I can see. Good luck to her in facing the cartels, I predict much bloodshed.

Back