NJ Does Not Renew Trump's Liquor Licenses At 2 Golf Clubs After Felony Conviction

Guno צְבִי

Am Yisrael Chai
NEW JERSEY — The New Jersey Attorney General has decided on Friday not to renew two liquor licenses at former President Donald Trump's New Jersey golf clubs following his conviction on all 34 felony counts in his criminal hush money trial.
"The New Jersey Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) has an obligation to maintain integrity in the alcoholic beverage industry in the state," said a spokesperson with the New Jersey Attorney General(NJAG).

Given that this is an action against a corporation from which Trump benefits indirectly from the profits of, I'd say NJ is just punishing Trump rather than following their law.

It would be like NJ pulling the liquor licenses for say a grocery chain because Trump has a lot of their stock.

Given that this is an action against a corporation from which Trump benefits indirectly from the profits of, I'd say NJ is just punishing Trump rather than following their law.

It would be like NJ pulling the liquor licenses for say a grocery chain because Trump has a lot of their stock.
Correct Trump does not hold the licenses. I bet there are dozens of people that have felonies and own part of a corporation that has liquor license.

Correct Trump does not hold the licenses. I bet there are dozens of people that have felonies and own part of a corporation that has liquor license.
The way NJ's law was written and intended to work was to avoid having say a convicted wife beater own a liquor store and the like. It wasn't intended to punish a corporation for having someone who owns stock in it that happens to be a convicted felon. But you'll note, that once again, it is a deep blue state run almost entirely by Democrats doing this.

It would be like NJ pulling the liquor license from a grocery store owned by a corporation in which Trump owned all the stock.

It would be like NJ pulling the liquor license from a grocery store owned by a corporation in which Trump owned all the stock.
Wrong. That would be true if Trump had direct control, like in an LLC, where he was an active participant in the operation. He isn't an active participant, nor is he the sole beneficiary of profits. This is to punish one person regardless of the facts.

Wrong. That would be true if Trump had direct control, like in an LLC, where he was an active participant in the operation. He isn't an active participant, nor is he the sole beneficiary of profits. This is to punish one person regardless of the facts.
This is playing out exactly as it should and Trump will have a chance to demonstrate he is not the majority of main benefactor of the licenses.

...The division did not renew two Golf Club Facility licenses associated with Trump. However, the ABC entered "Miscellaneous Ad Interim Permits," which allow the facilities to continue serving alcohol until a hearing on the renewals is held....

...A final decision on the two licenses is scheduled for July 19. During this hearing, "[Trump] bears the burden of proof to demonstrate by a preponderance of the evidence that they remain qualified to maintain licensure, which includes a review of any beneficiaries of the licenses."...

Back