North Colorado?

Howey

Banned
Couldn't they just make their own country?

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...eld-county-floats-secession-plan-northeastern

Weld County's bid to divorce Colorado and form its own state is a powerful rebuke of Front Range interests that no longer align with rural parts of the state, supporters of the idea say.
"The people of rural Colorado are mad, and they have every right to be," said U.S. Rep. Cory Gardner, a Republican from Yuma. "The governor and his Democrat colleagues in the statehouse have assaulted our way of life, and I don't blame these people one bit for feeling attacked and unrepresented by the leaders of our state."
The plan to carve off the northeastern corner of the state — Weld, Morgan, Logan, Sedgwick, Phillips, Washington, Yuma and Kit Carson counties — and form the state of North Colorado was hatched at a Colorado Counties Inc. conference earlier this week, Weld County spokeswoman Jennifer Finch said.
The commissioners, united by interests in oil and gas regulation, gun control, transportation and agriculture, agreed to discuss its feasibility and perhaps put the question to voters in their counties in November, Finch said.

This is nothing unique. There have been talks to split the rest of King County off from the Seattle Metro area, and there have been talks of seceeding Eastern Washington off to form a new state. Both the new county and new state liked the name of "Cascade," incidentally...

This is nothing unique. There have been talks to split the rest of King County off from the Seattle Metro area, and there have been talks of seceeding Eastern Washington off to form a new state. Both the new county and new state liked the name of "Cascade," incidentally...

Florida needs to split in four...

Lower Alabama

Southern Georgia

South New York

and North Cuba

Several of the rural, predominantly Republican counties of North and and Northeastern Colorado are fed up with the left-leaning laws that Democrats passed this year in the state and want to split from Colorado and form the 51st state: North Colorado......The secession plan is driven by a number of new laws passed in the Democrat-controlled legislature this year, including gun control, the curbing of perceived cruel treatment of livestock to expanded regulation of oil and gas production but the final straw was the signing of Senate Bill 252 by Gov. John Hickenlooper on Wednesday which requires an increase in renewable energy standards in rural areas.

KDVR reports that opponents of that bill have called it a "war on rural Colorado."

“I have never seen a legislative session like this,” Conway said. “They ignore us. They don’t listen to us. It started with the gun control bills and came to a head this week with S.B. 252 being signed.”

But some see the plan as a joke or a shallow political move by county commissioners. "It's just going to be seen as a crackpot idea by a bunch of crackpot commissioners some of whom are term limited," said Steve Mazurana to The Denver Post, a longtime Greeley resident and former political science professor at the University of Northern Colorado. "Some will just call it Crackpottopia."

How ridiculous. Conservatives "fed up" with "left-leaning laws", want to secede to form their own state. Just like I felt, during past Republican Administrations...but like most liberals/Dems...I just gritted my teeth, and persevered. Get over it. Cry babies.

How ridiculous. Conservatives "fed up" with "left-leaning laws", want to secede to form their own state. Just like I felt, during past Republican Administrations...but like most liberals/Dems...I just gritted my teeth, and persevered. Get over it. Cry babies.

Hey, at least there's babies left to cry. The left hasn't aborted them all yet with their laws. That's something to look up about...

Last edited:

I think within the next fifty years you will see a trend of metropolitan areas splitting into new states in an effort to obtain increased federal aid.......the only one that will be problematic will be New York......which state will get the rights to the name......New York or Newer York.......

"Some will just call it Crackpottopia."

hey, in Colorado maybe they could just use Crackpottopia and Pottopia......

Back