Not Getting Everything

Cancel7

Banned
I know I'm not going to get everything. I don't expect to. But if, in his first one hundred days, Obama does overturn the Bush exec orders which were purely partisan, like the global gag order, and the stem cell research and environmental ones, and if he does this, as is being reported below...then that right there shows me there is a difference between the two parties, and it does matter. There is a split on the left about that.

Obama plans Guantanamo closure, US terror trials

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President-elect Obama's advisers are quietly crafting a proposal to ship dozens, if not hundreds, of imprisoned terrorism suspects to the United States to face criminal trials, a plan that would make good on his promise to close the Guantanamo Bay prison but could require creation of a controversial new system of justice

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/O/OBAMA_GUANTANAMO?SITE=NCBER&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

I know I'm not going to get everything. I don't expect to. But if, in his first one hundred days, Obama does overturn the Bush exec orders which were purely partisan, like the global gag order, and the stem cell research and environmental ones, and if he does this, as is being reported below...then that right there shows me there is a difference between the two parties, and it does matter. There is a split on the left about that.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President-elect Obama's advisers are quietly crafting a proposal to ship dozens, if not hundreds, of imprisoned terrorism suspects to the United States to face criminal trials, a plan that would make good on his promise to close the Guantanamo Bay prison but could require creation of a controversial new system of justice

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/O/OBAMA_GUANTANAMO?SITE=NCBER&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

I am so happy! They had a list of 200 THINGS! last time I read, but that is probably only scratching the surface!

These actions can only serve to emphasize how very bad Bush and his gang have been for the country. Even the fact that these are Obama's intentions are showing up the terrible wrongness of the past 8 years.

I hope they do a shitload of whatever they can right off the bat.

It will be interesting if he changes any plans after being fully briefed on the secret stuff.

I hope they go full speed ahead on all fronts. That is what he was elected to do. Then we all will be able to see.

What does what Bush did or didn't do have to do with what Obama does or doesn't do?

Actually I think its good for Obama. The bar was set so incredibly low that he looks good by doing minimal good.

Back