Not what you would expect

WinterBorn

Verified User
I was watching some NFL football yesterday, and something occurred to me.

Alabama is no stranger to winning football games and producing great NFL players.

But Alabama has always been known as a "3 yards and a cloud of dust" sort of offense and a brick wall defense. We produce great defensive players. We have great running backs and kickers (kickers have been leading scorers).

But now, 2 of the best receivers in the NFL are former Crimson Tide players. Amari Cooper had a great rookie season, and Julio Jones is either the best or second best, depending on who is grading, receiver in the NFL.

Who'd have thought it?

The Crimson Tide produces busts for NFL running backs. Julio is second best WR to Antonio Brown. Amari Cooper while talented is in the conversation. You crimson goggles on

All busts, huh?

Whatever.

Yes all busts. And Amari Cooper is NOT in the conversation about best receiver in NFL

Trent Richardson? Bust
Mark Ingram? Bust
TJ Yeldon? Bust
Eddie Lacy? Bust

Not sure about Yeldon off the top of my head but the others were first round picks

So you agree with me that they are busts

How many pro bowls between them?

2 pro Bowls and an AP Rookie of the Year.

None of which has anything to do with the point.

As for Amari Cooper, he is the only rookie in Oakland franchise history to reach 1,000 yards, and he played in the Pro Bowl. Not a bad rookie year.

2 pro Bowls and an AP Rookie of the Year.

None of which has anything to do with the point.

As for Amari Cooper, he is the only rookie in Oakland franchise history to reach 1,000 yards, and he played in the Pro Bowl. Not a bad rookie year.

For four number one picks and as long as they have been in the league that would qualify as a bust.

As for Amari Cooper, I think he is a tremendous talent but he is not in the top ten of receivers in the league which is what you were arguing in your OP. Yes he had a good rookie year. He only played in the pro bowl because others opted out or had injuries. He wasn't selected.

You are wearing crimson colored glasses on this. But that is ok

For four number one picks and as long as they have been in the league that would qualify as a bust.

As for Amari Cooper, I think he is a tremendous talent but he is not in the top ten of receivers in the league which is what you were arguing in your OP. Yes he had a good rookie year. He only played in the pro bowl because others opted out or had injuries. He wasn't selected.

You are wearing crimson colored glasses on this. But that is ok

I made a simple point that holds true.

Every power conference is trying to give the nfl what it wants. Been moving that way since Miami went all in on it years ago.
If you want college ball gotta go to D2 or D3.

Crabtree gets more red zone targets, but Cooper gets more downfield plays, many of which are short/intermediate passes which he extends through his big playmaking ability. If Roberts and Crabtree didn't hog those RZ targets, fantasy owners would heart Cooper more than they do. I know this because Carr is my fantasy QB, so I know what he's doing with the ball.

Crabtree gets more red zone targets, but Cooper gets more downfield plays, many of which are short/intermediate passes which he extends through his big playmaking ability. If Roberts and Crabtree didn't hog those RZ targets, fantasy owners would heart Cooper more than they do. I know this because Carr is my fantasy QB, so I know what he's doing with the ball.

And Cooper is one of my fantasy WR so I know very well what is happening. I don't argue that he isn't a tremendously talented WR. I think he is. But the stats don't back him up as being one of e best

Back