Now is not the time to talk about gun laws...

Bfgrn

C6EpZ.png

“Leaders in Washington from both parties, and groups like the NRA, all say that now is not the time to talk about how gun safety laws can save lives in America.

I agree, now is not the time to talk about gun laws – the time for that conversation was long before all those kids in Connecticut died today.

Rep. Carolyn McCarthy - Statement from Rep. Carolyn McCarthy on Connecticut School Shooting

Carolyn McCarthy (born January 5, 1944) is the U.S. Representative for New York's 4th congressional district, serving since 1997. She is a member of the Democratic Party.

McCarthy was born Carolyn Cook in Brooklyn, raised in Mineola. Her father was a boilermaker and her mother worked at Woolworth. In her youth, she was an athlete and wanted to become a physical education teacher but found reading challenging and later was diagnosed with dyslexia. After caring for a boyfriend who was injured in a car accident, McCarthy decided to work as a Licensed Practical Nurse.

Later she married and lived with her family in Mineola, a suburban area about twenty miles outside New York City on Long Island. On December 7, 1993, her husband, Dennis, was killed and her son, Kevin, severely injured on a Long Island Rail Road commuter train at the Merillon Avenue station, when spree killer, Colin Ferguson, opened fire on passengers. Ferguson killed six and wounded 19 others. McCarthy responded to the crime by launching a campaign for more stringent gun control that eventually propelled her to Congress in 1996 on the Democratic ticket.

McCarthy was a registered Republican before her first run for Congress. She has "evolved over the years into a reliable Democratic vote.

No tragedy is enough to trash our right to defend ourselves against a tyrannical gubmint.

Sorry, but the 2nd is here to stay.

No tragedy is enough to trash our right to defend ourselves against a tyrannical gubmint.

Are you even slightly aware you are reinforcing that conservatism is merely FEAR taking over a person's mind?

Are you even slightly aware you are reinforcing that conservatism is merely FEAR taking over a person's mind?
Sorry, but I don't trust any gubmint enough to hand over my guns. History proves me correct. Dictators and tyranny cannot survive against a fully armed public, that's why they make them sitting ducks, first.

Sorry, but I don't trust any gubmint enough to hand over my guns. History proves me correct. Dictators and tyranny cannot survive against a fully armed public, that's why they make them sitting ducks, first.

America does not have a dictator and it is not a tyranny. It is a democratic republic, by LAW. So thanks for doubling down and proving the very core of conservatism is FEAR.

NObody is making libtardiots buy a gun. Why can't they mind their own business? I keep my guns in my bedroom where libtardiots say they don't want the gubmint to be. So STFU already

So you clutch your guns in your sweaty hands and cringe in terror because you think the Black President is afraid of your pea-shooters?

NObody is making libtardiots buy a gun. Why can't they mind their own business? I keep my guns in my bedroom where libtardiots say they don't want the gubmint to be. So STFU already

What are you afraid of in your bedroom?

No one wants to end the second amendment.

why do you pretend ANY wise gun legislation is tantamount to stripping you of all your guns?

No one wants to end the second amendment.

why do you pretend ANY wise gun legislation is tantamount to stripping you of all your guns?

Tell ya what puddin. Why don't you tell us what gun laws are currently on the books and how they are not effective. Ready? GO!

The clock is ticking bitch

please people in the right DONT pretend any legislation created to keep the guns out of the wrong hands is equal to ending the second amendment.

STOP IT

discuss what is really being said instead of pretending your fellow Americans jusst want to trick you into giving up your guns.

We have dead babies this time.

we have to logically do something to protect the rest of our babies.

Please stop trying to keep us from protecting ourselfs from the guns you worship.

I know you love your guns.

I and many other Americans LOVE to not be shot by radom nutters

Tell ya what puddin. Why don't you tell us what gun laws are currently on the books and how they are not effective. Ready? GO!

The clock is ticking bitch

why dont you explain the hadron excellerator and its many aplications i will give you ten second now GO.

oh yeah I forgot the insult ummmm................ queerbait.

Do you want to discuss this issue like an adult?

This country has MANY gun laws.

Its one huge patchwork of many differing gun laws.

here you are pretending I can label and access them all off the top of my head.

What this country needs is to have the discussion of all the laws and how well they have worked , where they have worked and why or why not?

Everytime we try to suss out the facts the right screams in one big cacoffeny that we will shoot you if you try to take our guns and that THIS is not the time to talk about such things.

No more.

Your not allowed to do that anymore at a level that keeps the rest of us from sussing out the facts and what is proven to work where it works and why.

no more screaming in our faces to keep us from discussing what so badly needs to be discussed

why dont you explain the hadron excellerator and its many aplications i will give you ten second now GO.

oh yeah I forgot the insult ummmm................ queerbait.

Do you want to discuss this issue like an adult?

This country has MANY gun laws.

Its one huge patchwork of many differing gun laws.

here you are pretending I can label and access them all off the top of my head.

What this country needs is to have the discussion of all the laws and how well they have worked , where they have worked and why or why not?

Everytime we try to suss out the facts the right screams in one big cacoffeny that we will shoot you if you try to take our guns and that THIS is not the time to talk about such things.

No more.

Your not allowed to do that anymore at a level that keeps the rest of us from sussing out the facts and what is proven to work where it works and why.

no more screaming in our faces to keep us from discussing what so badly needs to be discussed

Sorry bitch. You don't get to set the terms of the debate when it comes to my constitutional rights. You don't budge one inch when it comes to yours do you? I won't let you use yesterdays tragedy to bully me inot accepting your bullshit notions. I actually wished you cared about those children. You don't. You merely cynically use their deaths to further your political aims. You are the scum of the earth.

Back