NYC Bees

Outstanding.
Bees are within my top five favorite insects, somewhere behind butterflies, dragonflies, lady bugs, and fireflies.

While the Trump family is more well known for murdering elephants and giraffes, I personally am even more concerned with the Trump assault on the beleaguered bees. My environmental cause for 2018? Save the Bees!

Trump administration reverses ban on bee-harming pesticides in wildlife refuges

Environmentalists warn reversal of policy could pose threat to 'most vital and vulnerable species'

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...lation-decline-wildlife-refuges-a8477631.html

Last edited:
Outstanding.
Bees are within my top five favorite insects, somewhere behind butterflies, dragonflies, lady bugs, and fireflies.

While the Trump family is more well known for murdering elephants and giraffes, I personally am even more considered with the Trump assault on the beleaguered bees. My environmental cause for 2018? Save the Bees!
I love all of those as well, but without bees, we’re in really big trouble.

Love it! We had a hive when we lived in STL. I used to stand outside in the midst of a swarm and just embrace the amazing energy of thousands of beings intent on a goal.

Bees are essential to food production and the American agriculture industry.
Unexplained hive failure worldwide is not a laughing matter.

We are already in big trouble.

Bees are essential to food production and the American agriculture industry.
Unexplained hive failure worldwide is not a laughing matter.

We are already in big trouble.

honey bees are a non-native invasive species in America. We are not in big trouble. Big agriculture is in big trouble perhaps. There are plenty of pollinators out there. Honey bees just happen to be commercial growers' shortcut that can be exploited for labor and then exploited for their honey. Anytime you buy something with honey in it, you are taking food out of the mouths of those bees while pointing fingers at other causes. Personally, I had a swarm of them a few weeks ago on a humminbird feeder for a few days. Nobody has bee boxes around me (they are all but illegal in my city) so those bees clearly have a home somewhere not in plywood painted white. In addition to the all but illegal beekeeping in my city, if you let your grass get long enough to have a good stand of clover to feed them, you are risking getting dinked for not mowing your yard. The ridiculous nanny-state property regulations do at least as much damage to mother nature as chemical companies because that is where the destruction of habitat happens. Fortunately for the local bees, honey or otherwise, I am a bad seed--a real rabble rouser-- who criminally lets their out of road view sections of property go totally out of control so that the totally uncivilized bees, birds, groundhogs, possum, moles, voles, and an assortment of critters have their run of the place. It isn't like the Mexicans on the other side are going to report me. They are probably illegal too.

France becomes first country in Europe to ban all five pesticides killing bees

France will take a radical step towards protecting its dwindling bee population on Saturday by becoming the first country in Europe to ban all five pesticides researchers believe are killing off the insects.

The move to ban the five so-called neonicotinoids has been hailed by beekeepers and environmentalists, but cereal and sugar beet farmers warn it could leave them all but defenceless in protecting valuable crops against other harmful insects.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/08/31/france-first-ban-five-pesticides-killing-bees/

Back