NYC delays vehicle entry tax

Hawkeye10

ButterMilk Man
Contributor
New York Gov. Kathy Hochul is ditching the MTA congestion pricing plan indefinitely — with insiders saying she’s worried that it’s “not the right time” as New Yorkers face a cost-of-living crisis.

Hochul announced plans to delay the $15 toll’s June 30 start date on Wednesday, citing the increased cost on working people, including teachers and firefighter
It was not immediately clear how the indefinite delay would impact the MTA’s $507 million infrastructure deal with TransCore, which had already installed license plate cameras to enforce the new pricing.

Not said in this version of Regime Media is that the MTA is collapsing in disrepair and crime.....vehicle entry tax without a decent mass transit system would destroy NYC.

Completely wasting a shit ton of money ever years on a project that never happens is quintessential Cant Do America.

I have never been in the "Keep pushing, the Revolution will blink" school, but this here is a lesson that I might be wrong.

I believe this to be true though I have not launched an investigation: Almost all of the teachers in NYC commute from outside the city, by car......using transit to get to the schools is basically impossible because of transit times on mass transit, they would be getting up around 3am and getting home around 6pm....they are not going to do it. They are also not going to move into the city. But if they start handing out exceptions on this scale they wont be able to stop and the entire scheme breaks down for that reason.

I believe this to be true though I have not launched an investigation: Almost all of the teachers in NYC commute from outside the city, by car......using transit to get to the schools is basically impossible because of transit times on mass transit, they would be getting up around 3am and getting home around 6pm....they are not going to do it. They are also not going to move into the city. But if they start handing out exceptions on this scale they wont be able to stop and the entire scheme breaks down for that reason.
Most teachers and students travel to their schools through mass transit. If they took cars into NYC, it would take forever to get into NYC.

Back