Obama - and the World - Like Me

cawacko

"We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times ... and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK," Obama said.

I didn't realize I had to get other countries approval for what food I ate or how I used my heat or AC but since I'm on a diet of eating less and am staying in some old building without AC everyone must be happy with me. I must say, it feels great!

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5h-wpxs1Re-8vx2Zk5xnYygW1W67w

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand_on_Zanzibar

Dystopia awaits.

Where's Toppie? He might want to start buying into Soylent Green stocks :cof1:

Basically the "fuck you, I've got mine" philosophy isn't going to work for us much longer. We may have to go back to that ancient human philosphy that took us out of the Rift Valley (say hello Lucy) and to nearly every part of the planet. It's called - "cooperation".

Read the book, it's a very instructive read, particularly the part where the protagonist discovers he has extra room to live in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand_on_Zanzibar

Dystopia awaits.

Where's Toppie? He might want to start buying into Soylent Green stocks :cof1:

Basically the "fuck you, I've got mine" philosophy isn't going to work for us much longer. We may have to go back to that ancient human philosphy that took us out of the Rift Valley (say hello Lucy) and to nearly every part of the planet. It's called - "cooperation".

Read the book, it's a very instructive read, particularly the part where the protagonist discovers he has extra room to live in.

Us? Us? You mean won't work for you for much longer. You and your gay English friends might have to start cutting back, but I will be excersizing my God-given right as an American to consume until the cows come home. And I won't be asking for no permission from no foreigners. I got me a big-assed SUV and I like to eat. And when I'm done eating, I throw out what I didn't have room for, because the USMAN don't eat no leftovers, got it?

God himself said "blessed are the Americanas and as they sew so shall they eat". So maybe you should take it up with him if you got a problem?

Us? Us? You mean won't work for you for much longer. You and your gay English friends might have to start cutting back, but I will be excersizing my God-given right as an American to consume until the cows come home. And I won't be asking for no permission from no foreigners. I got me a big-assed SUV and I like to eat. And when I'm done eating, I throw out what I didn't have room for, because the USMAN don't eat no leftovers, got it?

God himself said "blessed are the Americanas and as they sew so shall they eat". So maybe you should take it up with him if you got a problem?

Denis? Is that you? Wow man that is just so cool!!!!!!!!!

Dont forget to load all those guns in your car to carry arround with you , a few extra hundered pounds will help you get some traction on the road.

Dont forget to load all those guns in your car to carry arround with you , a few extra hundered pounds will help you get some traction on the road.

Oh I got plenty of traction baby. ;)

"We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times ... and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK," Obama said.

I didn't realize I had to get other countries approval for what food I ate or how I used my heat or AC but since I'm on a diet of eating less and am staying in some old building without AC everyone must be happy with me. I must say, it feels great!

One question my brother .. where is the intelligence in what you said?

Sure .. bluster, bluster, John Wayne, esprit de' corp, we're number one, bluster .. but you appear to not only not care about the rest of the world .. of which we are increasingly dependent .. but you also seem not to care about future generations of Americans.

Where is the intelligence in that?

Last edited:
Oh fuck all those starving kids in ohter countries and having to listen to people tell you about them and their suffering huh Cawacko.

The philosophy of the right is crumbling and will end up resurfacing less and less in this world.

The Bushes have tried to make it harder for Americans to travel to other countries in a failed attempt to keep people from caring about the rest of the world. Its failed and this silly series of tubes called the internets is going to make it so Americans do get to know the people oif other countries. The philosphy of the right of care about no one but yourself is basically unhuman. Humans are pack animals and we inherently care and always will. Its a good thing and not a bad thing as the right sugests.

Oh fuck all those starving kids in ohter countries and having to listen to people tell you about them and their suffering huh Cawacko.

The philosophy of the right is crumbling and will end up resurfacing less and less in this world.

The Bushes have tried to make it harder for Americans to travel to other countries in a failed attempt to keep people from caring about the rest of the world. Its failed and this silly series of tubes called the internets is going to make it so Americans do get to know the people oif other countries. The philosphy of the right of care about no one but yourself is basically unhuman. Humans are pack animals and we inherently care and always will. Its a good thing and not a bad thing as the right sugests.

Yet they claim God.

Wow. Where did starving kids come from and how does Bush and travelling abroad come out of Obama's comments?

Since you bring up right and left does the left only like it when a leader in the U.S. says how bad we are as a country?

I live in San Francisco which is arguably the most liberal city in the U.S. There are tons and tons of SUV's being driven around the city. If its the left that cares about the world why aren't people in my city giving up their SUV's?

San Franciscans love to eat and talk about our restaurants. I've yet to hear anyone say maybe we should go out less or eat less because of how we'll be perceived by other countries.

We don't have extreme weather so heating or cooling our house is not a big issue.

This is what you said Cawacko. He said nothing about getting anyones approval.

He was talking about them not having any qualms about our use of the worlds resourches to live a lifestyle that harms others including addig to famine in certain areas of the world.

SF also has reopublicans in it right? You are one right?

I suggest it is very likely la very big portion of those drivers are your fellow party members guy.

He was talking about them not having any qualms about our use of the worlds resourches to live a lifestyle that harms others including addig to famine in certain areas of the world.

I suggest it is very likely la very big portion of those drivers are your fellow party members guy.

San Francisco has very few Republicans and that holier than thou Democrats wouldn't drive SUV's is garbage.

So are you and your family eating less? What have you cut down on? When its 110 degress in Vegas are you using your A.C.? My guess is you probably are. The rest of the world does not say that's ok. What are you giving up?

eating locally grown foods as much as possible and as little foods like Beef which takes more grain to produce. Yes I use my airconditioner. Its set 78% and we have made sure its a newer model which is more energy efficient and have double paned windows that are covered in such a way as to not transfer heat to the inside of the house.

You see you just wnat to not have to think about others and think that makes you better than me. I do what I can do to keep from using up the planet and you just get mad when someone makes you think about it.

Those SUVs very likely are owned by Rs in a greater % than the dems in your city. Many of the ones you see dont even belong to people in the city. They are rented by tourists and business travelers. About 1 in 5 voters in the city are Rs.

eating locally grown foods as much as possible and as little foods like Beef which takes more grain to produce. Yes I use my airconditioner. Its set 78% and we have made sure its a newer model which is more energy efficient and have double paned windows that are covered in such a way as to not transfer heat to the inside of the house.

You see you just wnat to not have to think about others and think that makes you better than me. I do what I can do to keep from using up the planet and you just get mad when someone makes you think about it.

Those SUVs very likely are owned by Rs in a greater % than the dems in your city. Many of the ones you see dont even belong to people in the city. They are rented by tourists and business travelers. About 1 in 5 voters in the city are Rs.

First of all Republicans make up less than 10% of registered voters in San Francisco. This is a city of 850,000 or so people. There is not an elected Republican in the City. Ralph Nader got more votes in the 2000 election than George W. Bush in San Francisco.

I lived here for 25 years and your going to try and tell me that most SUV's in the City are driven by tourists or business travelers? Please. And you think Republicans drive a higher percentage of SUV's than Demcrats in this City? Again, you are just speaking out of your *ss.

And where did you get that I tried to say I'm better than you? People like you and citizen for example trying to claim you're more compassionate and care more about all people and that I'm selfish and care only about me. You are free to believe but that's the 'my sh*t don't stink' type attitude.

San Franicsco is full of SUV's and there are many in the wealthy neighborhoods where I live. And my neighborhood is just as high of Democrats as any other part of the city.

We give the most charity of any country, yet that is never enough it seems.

we are continually made to feel guilty for the successes we have, and get blamed for all the worlds ills..

go figure.:rolleyes:

First of all Republicans make up less than 10% of registered voters in San Francisco. This is a city of 850,000 or so people. There is not an elected Republican in the City. Ralph Nader got more votes in the 2000 election than George W. Bush in San Francisco.

I lived here for 25 years and your going to try and tell me that most SUV's in the City are driven by tourists or business travelers? Please. And you think Republicans drive a higher percentage of SUV's than Demcrats in this City? Again, you are just speaking out of your *ss.

And where did you get that I tried to say I'm better than you? People like you and citizen for example trying to claim you're more compassionate and care more about all people and that I'm selfish and care only about me. You are free to believe but that's the 'my sh*t don't stink' type attitude.

San Franicsco is full of SUV's and there are many in the wealthy neighborhoods where I live. And my neighborhood is just as high of Democrats as any other part of the city.

Personally, I couldn't care less who drives what or what Al Gore's home heating bill is. We shouldn't be depending on the individual virtues to cut down fossil fuel consumption. As it stands now, we're basically counting on individuals to act against their own economic self-interests (being green isn't cheap) for everyone's benefit.

That doesn't work. All that happens is that people who want to change the underlying rules by advocating policy changes that would apply to everyone are ridiculed for not being self-sacrificial enough.

Back