Obama Chief of Staff?

klaatu

Fusionist
He is already setting up his cabinet. Talking to Rep. Rahm Emanuel about the Chief Of Staff Position. Not a bad pick... showing support for Israel.

Emanuel was born in Chicago, Illinois in 1959. His father, the Jerusalem-born Benjamin M. Emanuel, is a pediatrician and was a member of the Irgun, a Zionist paramilitary organization in the 1940s.

He is already setting up his cabinet. Talking to Rep. Rahm Emanuel about the Chief Of Staff Position. Not a bad pick... showing support for Israel.

Emanuel was born in Chicago, Illinois in 1959. His father, the Jerusalem-born Benjamin M. Emanuel, is a pediatrician and was a member of the Irgun, a Zionist paramilitary organization in the 1940s.

Rahm Emmanuel is more valuable to Obama in the House. Personally, I think Rahm is a major douchebag.

As for Obama's chief of staff, if he wins I expect it to be Tom Daschle.

So Obama, not satisfied with "palling around" with terrorists, is now hell bent on employing the offspring of terrorists?

So Obama, not satisfied with "palling around" with terrorists, is now hell bent on employing the offspring of terrorists?
And the Irgun were indeed Terrorists. I wonder how many know about the King David Hotel, and the Dir Yassin massacre? though King David might have been the Irgun's brothers in the Stern Gang, but I know the Brits remember the terrorism committed by the once and future leaders of israel.

To be fair, there is actually not much divisive about that quote. Many people seem to feel that way lately.
Yeah, it shows his great urge to 'reach across the aisle' if he hires people who constantly say stuff like this. It's the magical wonderland of bipartisanship that will only grow, according to Pelosi, with further increases of Democrat control....

:thup:

This leak about Rahm was more for the voting populace in Florida than to show bi-partisanship in the Dem party.

Yeah, it shows his great urge to 'reach across the aisle' if he hires people who constantly say stuff like this. It's the magical wonderland of bipartisanship that will only grow, according to Pelosi, with further increases of Democrat control....

:thup:

Yeah, you know what. I think you're right. The Democratic president, if elected, should only hire those people that the idiot Republicans in the House approve of.

Yeah, you know what. I think you're right. The Democratic president, if elected, should only hire those people that the idiot Republicans in the House approve of.
No! They should preach 'bipartisanship' and 'change' based in the unlimited power of non-partisan politics while hiring people who say things like this! It is so sincere! It's going to be beautiful 'bipartisanship' just like he said! Flowers and Unicorns for every little girl!

Methinks this is a trial balloon specifically designed to get Jewish votes.

McCain has crossed the aisle in the spirit of bipartisan cooperation more than any Democrat.

I'm still not going to vote for the man, but it's true.

It is true...and he got hell for it..just as Lieberman has gotten hell from the Dem side.

Actually... if Obama really wants to show bipartisanship... he should appoint his buddy Hagel to spot on the cabinet. Hagel has terrific idea's on Energy.

No! They should preach 'bipartisanship' and 'change' based in the unlimited power of non-partisan politics while hiring people who say things like this! It is so sincere! It's going to be beautiful 'bipartisanship' just like he said! Flowers and Unicorns for every little girl!

Methinks this is a trial balloon specifically designed to get Jewish votes.

As an initial matter, I believe that Rahm was quoting Dick Cheney. Surely, quoting the Republican VP is in and of itself an act of bipartisanship.

Second, Obama doesn't need trial balloons to get Jewish votes. Most Jewish voters are voting for Obama.

McCain has crossed the aisle in the spirit of bipartisan cooperation more than any Democrat.

I'm still not going to vote for the man, but it's true.

yeah but I said Republicans (plural)

Strange that the media has not been all over the obstructionsit republicans for the last couple of years. I have not heard talk of a nuclear option from the dems either.

yeah but I said Republicans (plural)

Strange that the media has not been all over the obstructionsit republicans for the last couple of years. I have not heard talk of a nuclear option from the dems either.

Bipartisan means that the Democrats cave and agree with Republicans, not the other way around.

As an initial matter, I believe that Rahm was quoting Dick Cheney. Surely, quoting the Republican VP is in and of itself an act of bipartisanship.

Second, Obama doesn't need trial balloons to get Jewish votes. Most Jewish voters are voting for Obama.
I think Obama is smart enough not to take any votes for granted. And I think he was aiming for the older ones in FL that aren't.

But heck, you can pretend I am some sort of hack who thinks it is a bad idea to run such trials. We can then bet that he doesn't appoint this dude.

I think Obama is smart enough not to take any votes for granted. And I think he was aiming for the older ones in FL that aren't.

But heck, you can pretend I am some sort of hack who thinks it is a bad idea to run such trials. We can then bet that he doesn't appoint this dude.
Rahm has his sites set on Speaker of the House. He stands to be closer to the presidency if he were to become speaker than if he became CoS. Although a Pelosit Speakership almost insures Bidens life.

Back