Obama down in new TX poll

Onceler

Just saw on RCP that the latest has him down 4%. It's still a close race, but it occurred to me that the Clinton camp, along w/ the media, is playing the expectations game to a T.

Clinton could very well win TX & OH the way the current polls are, though she won't pick up more than a few delegates (net). Still, given the fact that her campaign is virtually being written off at this point, such popular vote wins would be played as a phoenix rising from the ashes. It could turn the whole mo of this race.

Here's hoping Dems think twice about this. Hillary wins in both OH & TX would take this campaign all the way to the convention. It wouldn't be pretty, but I suppose democracy (or whatever it is that we practice) rarely is....

Just saw on RCP that the latest has him down 4%. It's still a close race, but it occurred to me that the Clinton camp, along w/ the media, is playing the expectations game to a T.

Clinton could very well win TX & OH the way the current polls are, though she won't pick up more than a few delegates (net). Still, given the fact that her campaign is virtually being written off at this point, such popular vote wins would be played as a phoenix rising from the ashes. It could turn the whole mo of this race.

Here's hoping Dems think twice about this. Hillary wins in both OH & TX would take this campaign all the way to the convention. It wouldn't be pretty, but I suppose democracy (or whatever it is that we practice) rarely is....

Isn't 4% still considered a tie considering the margin of error? That 4% has been bouncing back and forth the last few days in Texas.

i think hillary needs to win right now based on the delegate math including supers by 20-25% in both states in order to take the delegate lead from him.

Obama's up pretty big. It will take a lot more than 4% margin wins in those two states to make her competitive.

if hillary loses Texas i think she is done. Tho she may fight on cause shes all about her.. most others would end candidacy.

Isn't 4% still considered a tie considering the margin of error? That 4% has been bouncing back and forth the last few days in Texas.

Yeah, but the main observation would be that it's close, and when it's close, anything can happen (like NH). In a business where perception is just about everthing, if Hillary squeaks out a win, it could change things quite a bit.

I'll rely on those rare words of encouragement from SF; I tend to agree, but if she squeaks it out, and there is some exit poll where last minute undecideds broke for Hillary because Barak was "too Muslim" or "too much of a Farakhan supporter", I'll start making plans to relocate to New Zealand....

Yeah, but the main observation would be that it's close, and when it's close, anything can happen (like NH). In a business where perception is just about everthing, if Hillary squeaks out a win, it could change things quite a bit.

I'll rely on those rare words of encouragement from SF; I tend to agree, but if she squeaks it out, and there is some exit poll where last minute undecideds broke for Hillary because Barak was "too Muslim" or "too much of a Farakhan supporter", I'll start making plans to relocate to New Zealand....

It may likely come down to the caucus that night. It seems to me that the Obama supporters are definitely more hardcore than Hillary's. It's going to be Obama that wins it...

It may likely come down to the caucus that night. It seems to me that the Obama supporters are definitely more hardcore than Hillary's. It's going to be Obama that wins it...

unless you count the hillary supporters that stab the obama supporters.

Well, until I hear that loud music that generally fills me with forboding & see Obama's face with a check mark next to it, with the words "CNN projection" (or whatever network I'm watching), I'll quietly be in "freaking out" mode.

I just don't have any faith in voters. Go figure....

Back