Obama Hits 51

Cancel7

Banned
...as Americans reject the Republican brainwashing, with the help of their Libertarian co-conspirators, that "both parties are equally to blame".

WASHINGTON (CNN) – A new CNN/Opinion Research Corporation Poll suggests that by a 2-to-1 margin, Americans blame Republicans over Democrats for the financial crisis that has swept across the country the past few weeks — one factor that may have contributed to an apparent increase in Barack Obama’s edge over John McCain in the race for the White House.

In the new survey, released Monday afternoon, 47 percent of registered voters questioned say Republicans are more responsible for the problems currently facing financial institutions and the stock market, with 24 percent saying Democrats are more responsible. One in five of those polled blame both parties equally, and 8 percent say neither party is to blame.

The poll also indicates that more Americans think Obama, the Democratic presidential nominee, would do a better job handling an economic crisis than McCain, the Republican presidential nominee. Forty-nine percent of those questioned say Obama would display good judgment in an economic crisis, 6 points higher than the number who said the same about McCain. And Obama has a 10 point lead over McCain on the question of who would better handle the economy overall.

These numbers appear to be affecting the battle for the presidency. Fifty-one percent of registered voters are backing Obama, who now holds a 5 point edge over McCain, at 46 percent. McCain and Obama were tied at 48 percent apiece in the previous CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey. Obama's advantage, while growing, is still within the poll's sampling error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.

Where did Obama make his gains?

"In two core McCain constituencies: Men, who now narrowly favor Obama. And seniors, who have also flipped from McCain to Obama," says CNN Senior Political Analyst Bill Schneider.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...ans-blamed-obama-gains-over-financial-crisis/

:lmao:

I love how the kool-aid drinkers post these poll results like its handed down from the messiah himself.

The only detail on how the poll was conducted. Let's see 99.9% of CNN watchers are liberal whack jobs, so that was their audience.

The CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll was conducted Friday through Sunday, and included interviews of 1,020 Americans, including 909 registered voters and 697 likely voters.

I don't know about koolaid drinkers, but I do recall seeing a clip from a news show this past spring in which McCain stated quite dismissively, loud and clear, "Oh, well, I don't know anything about economics." Clearly he didn't think it was important that he should understand economics, either.

I doubt he's taken a crash course since then. He obviously still doesn't know anything about economics and digs himself deeper and deeper every time he opens his mouth.

I don't know about koolaid drinkers, but I do recall seeing a clip from a news show this past spring in which McCain stated quite dismissively, loud and clear, "Oh, well, I don't know anything about economics." Clearly he didn't think it was important that he should understand economics, either.

I doubt he's taken a crash course since then. He obviously still doesn't know anything about economics and digs himself deeper and deeper every time he opens his mouth.

Actually if you go back and look at his quote he said he doesn't understand economics as well as he should and it is something he needs to work on.

the 8 percent were undoubtably the top income group

I now don't care how much dems lie to get it done.
just get Obama in.

McCain asserted very forcibly on a 60 min interview last weekend that he knew about economics and he knew how to fix the economy.

I also learned recently that McCain is like Bush in another area, he does not like to ponder on decisions and makes em quick and follows his gut.

McCain asserted very forcibly on a 60 min interview last weekend that he knew about economics and he knew how to fix the economy.

Wow, the alzheimers-riddled old man has a good sense of humor.

I had no idea. I got a chuckle out of that.

51%.....Just think....if he gets 6 more percent, he can say he has one percent for each state ........

...over the last 15 months we've traveled to every
corner of the United States. I've new been in fifty seven states?
I think one left to go. One left to go. Alaska and Hawaii.....BHO

57 STATES??.....Alaska and Hawaii...thats ONE MORE ???
And yet Quayle was made a laughing stock as a VP candidate?

51%.....Just think....if he gets 6 more percent, he can say he has one percent for each state ........

...over the last 15 months we've traveled to every
corner of the United States. I've new been in fifty seven states?
I think one left to go. One left to go. Alaska and Hawaii.....BHO

57 STATES??.....Alaska and Hawaii...thats ONE MORE ???
And yet Quayle was made a laughing stock as a VP candidate?

Oh, my goodness. You guys get one gaffe, uttered months ago, and it's the bestest thing that ever happened to you.

Years of pent-up frustration....

...as Americans reject the Republican brainwashing, with the help of their Libertarian co-conspirators, that "both parties are equally to blame".

WASHINGTON (CNN) – A new CNN/Opinion Research Corporation Poll suggests that by a 2-to-1 margin, Americans blame Republicans over Democrats for the financial crisis that has swept across the country the past few weeks — one factor that may have contributed to an apparent increase in Barack Obama’s edge over John McCain in the race for the White House.

In the new survey, released Monday afternoon, 47 percent of registered voters questioned say Republicans are more responsible for the problems currently facing financial institutions and the stock market, with 24 percent saying Democrats are more responsible. One in five of those polled blame both parties equally, and 8 percent say neither party is to blame.

The poll also indicates that more Americans think Obama, the Democratic presidential nominee, would do a better job handling an economic crisis than McCain, the Republican presidential nominee. Forty-nine percent of those questioned say Obama would display good judgment in an economic crisis, 6 points higher than the number who said the same about McCain. And Obama has a 10 point lead over McCain on the question of who would better handle the economy overall.

These numbers appear to be affecting the battle for the presidency. Fifty-one percent of registered voters are backing Obama, who now holds a 5 point edge over McCain, at 46 percent. McCain and Obama were tied at 48 percent apiece in the previous CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey. Obama's advantage, while growing, is still within the poll's sampling error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.

Where did Obama make his gains?

"In two core McCain constituencies: Men, who now narrowly favor Obama. And seniors, who have also flipped from McCain to Obama," says CNN Senior Political Analyst Bill Schneider.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...ans-blamed-obama-gains-over-financial-crisis/

Good post Darla.

Back